Controlling an R/C motor driver with arduino

I'm trying to control an Sabertooth dual 12A motor driver for R/C thats connected to four DC motors using arduino. I know that usually people use rc controller with joysticks to send commands to move the motor, and on the motor side the motors are connected to the driver and the driver is connected to a rc receiver.

but I'm dont need the remote control, so I want my arduino wired to the RC driver and send signals to move the motor. I know that the driver is probably expecting an RC signal and arduino only outputs digital and pwm signals, I also have an rc receiver(ar610) and an ppm encoder, I think aruino can connect to ppm encoder, and ppm encoder wired to the motor driver would send the signal that the motor driver is expectiing, but I have no idea on how to properly code ppm encoder using arduino, please help, any assistance is appreciated

Seems the driver can be controlled with a common servo signal.
Leo..

From the specs I found on Amazon for your Sabertooth:

Input modes: Analog, R/C, simplified serial, packetized

This means you aren't limited to just R/C (PPM).

Check out the libraries here listed for controlling your Sabertooth via Arduino.

Also, check out the user manual for wiring info.

Which Sabertooth 2 x 12A driver? There's more than one. And why 4 motors on a dual (2 motor) driver?

Anyway the "R/C signals" that the driver expects are standard servo signals. The Arduino library Servo.h is very good at producing these signals so you should have no problems.

Have look at the Knob and Sweep examples in the IDE for the basics of using the Servo library.

Steve

the driver im using is Sabertooth dual 12A motor driver for R/C, website
https://www.dimensionengineering.com/products/sabertooth2x12rc

yes and sorry it is connected to two motors, I didn't remember correctly,

since I can control the motor using servo singal does that mean that I can connect the channel 1 and channel 2 on the motor driver directly to pwm pins on the arduino board and run using
servo.attach(pin, 1000, 2000)

The Servo library will work with any digital pins so you don't need to use just PWM enabled pins.

Steve