Controlling Peristaltic Pump with Stepper Motor

Hi all!

Just wanted to seek help on what I'm up against. I have basic programming skills and some hardware skills. The first part of my project involves getting an arduino board to control the speed of a Peristaltic pump. I would like to be able to with a touch pad, or an up and down button to increase and decrease the speed of the pump. Once I have achieved the desired speed, store that speed so that it just becomes an off and on pump.

Can someone guide me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

What's the mechanical input to the pump? We will need, probably, frther data (power, pulses/s and so on)

Regards

P.D. In spanish we say "peristáltica". (i vs e). Is an errata?

Yes, it should be spelled with an I in English too. Peristaltic

You may find some useful stuff in Stepper Motor Basics.

You can save the speed setting on the Arduino’s EEPROM so that it is retained when power is shut off.

You may also find something useful in Planning and Implementing a Program

If you have written some code you should post it if you need advice about it. Please use the code button </> so your code looks like this and is easy to copy to a text editor

…R

vffgaston: Hi,

What's the mechanical input to the pump? We will need, probably, frther data (power, pulses/s and so on)

Regards

P.D. In spanish we say "peristáltica". (i vs e). Is an errata?

I am sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by the mechanical input to the pump. The pump pulls 20W of power and runs at 24VDC.

You are correct, I am very sorry. It is Peristaltic.

I appreciate the input you have given me and any direction you can come forward with will be greatly appreciated.

Delta_G: Yes, it should be spelled with an I in English too. Peristaltic

Fixed