CPU Temperature Arduino LCD 128X64 serial

Hi everyone,

I have a serial lcd like this one :https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9351. And a Arduino Uno r3, I am trying to display on the LCD the CPU Temperature, Usage or other parameters or RAM free space or other something like this . But I really can't find anything to start my work for my type of lcd. I will be very greatful for everyone who could help me.

Thanks,
AM

Hi, go back to the above link and check out the DOCUMENTS that are available, there are two libraries to choose from depending on IDE version and they should have in the library package example sketches for your LCD.
Also check out the comments at the bottom of the page for info on how other buyers have used the product.

Hope this helps..

Tom..... :slight_smile:

Thanks for your answer Tom. I already used the libraries from there and help me a lot on my first project but it didn't on this problem. I don't know how to access or where to find or where to search for CPU temperature.

AM

Then you look in the datasheet for the chip you are using. =(

Mark

I am sorry it's my mistake. When I say CPU Temp I am refer to my PC CPU not the arduino board chip. So this is the main problem.

Thanks ,
AM

Then you have to get the PC to send the data over serial to the arduino which means writing software to run on the PC OR puting a temp sensor on the CPU.

Mark