cross voltages from neighbor analog input?

Hello all,
I am using 4 piezos (and more comings) connected on a muxshield on analog inputs 0 to 3.
My code was working but I now encounter a problem.
If one of my sensor is unplugged e.g. pin 3 and I push the one on pin 2 a voltage is detected also on pin3. If I replug everything goes back to normal.

I have tried to remove the mux shield and changed the code to read arduino analog inputs and I have the same issue.
The piezo are connected in parrallel with a 5,1 zener and a 1Mohm resistor.
I have now tried to input 5volt on pin 2 with pin 3 unplugged and get the same issue (the consequence here is two midi notes playing at the same time.

I think I have burnt something on my UNO board…maybe one of you have another idea?
here is my code.

Thanks a lot,
Rok

//*******************************************************************************************************************

// User settable variables   

//exemple avec millis

//http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,76140.msg574940.html#msg574940

//*******************************************************************************************************************

#include <MuxShield.h> // for the muxshield library (optional?)

unsigned char PadNote[6] = {52,53,54,55,56,57};         // MIDI notes from 0 to 127 (Mid C = 60)

unsigned char CurrentPadNote[6] = {0,0,0,0,0,0};         // MIDI notes from 0 to 127 (Mid C = 60)

int PadCutOff[6] = {600,600,600,600,600,600};           // Minimum Analog value to cause a drum hit

int MaxPlayTime[6] = {90,90,90,90,90,90};               // Cycles before a 2nd hit is allowed

#define  midichannel    0;                              // MIDI channel from 0 to 15 (+1 in "real world")

// Internal Use Variables   

boolean activePad[6] = {0,0,0,0,0,0};                   // Array of flags of pad currently playing

int PinPlayTime[6] = {0,0,0,0,0,0};                     // Counter since pad started to play

unsigned char status;

int pin = 0;    

int hitavg = 0;

// Multitasking  

// Time periods of blinks in milliseconds (1000 milliseconds to a second).

// Time variable and constants are always unsigned long

const unsigned long MidiOutSendInterval = 1UL ;

const unsigned long MidiInReadInterval = 50UL ;

// Variable holding the timer value so far. One for each "Timer"

unsigned long MidiOutSendTimer = 0 ;

unsigned long MidiInReadTimer = 0 ;

// Midi In Variables   

byte statusIN;

byte PitchIN;

byte VelocityIN;

//Initialize the Mux Shield

MuxShield muxShield;

// Setup   

void setup()

{

//Set I/O 1,  as analog inputs

muxShield.setMode(1,ANALOG_IN);

MidiOutSendTimer = millis () ;

MidiInReadTimer	= millis () ;

// connect to the serial port 31250 for MIDI communication	

Serial.begin(31250);  
//Serial.begin(9600);  

}

// Main Program   

void loop() {

// First, check if it is time to send Midi

if ( (millis () - MidiOutSendTimer) >= MidiOutSendInterval ) {

for(int pin=0; pin < 4; pin++)

{

//hitavg = analogRead(pin);  
    // read the input pin, classic input version

hitavg = muxShield.analogReadMS(1,pin); // read muxShield analog value on pin pin, row 1

if((hitavg > PadCutOff[pin]))

{

if((activePad[pin] == false))

{

if((CurrentPadNote[pin] != PadNote[pin])){
        CurrentPadNote[pin] = PadNote[pin];
        }

MIDI_TX(144,PadNote[pin],127);

PinPlayTime[pin] = 0;

activePad[pin] = true;

}

else

{

PinPlayTime[pin] = PinPlayTime[pin] + 1;

}

}

else if((activePad[pin] == true))

{

PinPlayTime[pin] = PinPlayTime[pin] + 1;

if(PinPlayTime[pin] > MaxPlayTime[pin])

{

activePad[pin] = false;

MIDI_TX(128,CurrentPadNote[pin],127);

}

}

}

// end of the loop Reset timer with current time at end

MidiOutSendTimer = millis () ;

}

//Check if is time to read midi in 

if ( (millis () - MidiInReadTimer) >= MidiInReadInterval ) {

// ok it is time

checkMIDI();

// end of the loop Reset timer with current time at end

MidiInReadTimer = millis () ;

}

}

// Transmit MIDI Message   

void MIDI_TX(unsigned char MESSAGE, unsigned char PITCH, unsigned char VELOCITY)

{

status = MESSAGE + midichannel;

Serial.write(status);

Serial.write(PITCH);

Serial.write(VELOCITY);

}

// Receive MIDI Message   

void checkMIDI(){

do{

if (Serial.available()){

statusIN = Serial.read();//read first byte

PitchIN = Serial.read();//read next byte

VelocityIN = Serial.read();//read final byte

if (statusIN == 145 && PitchIN != 0 && VelocityIN != 0){//if Chan 2 note on

digitalWrite(13,HIGH);//turn on led

//assign value to pad note 

PadNote[0] = PitchIN;  

} else {
        digitalWrite(13,LOW);//turn of led
      }
    }

}

while (Serial.available() > 24);//when three bytes available

}

This is normal, you have the pin in a "floating" state, and it is very susceptible to tiny voltages, even bringing your hand near it will change the reading. Adding pullup/down resistors will fix it.

Another suggestion, is to read the analog input twice. First read discard, second read keep.

Thanks to both of you, I have done some other tests keeping the resistor and the zener plugged, without the piezo, and they are sufficient to correct this. What surprised me is that I had a threshold at 600 for the analog value and was still getting some "false positive". Also reading two times

hitavg = muxShield.analogReadMS(1,pin);

didn't change anything. This tiny voltages seems to stay too long.