Custom Arduino with ATmega2560

I have been using Arduino Pro Mini (8Mhz, 3.3V version) for my project. It worked mostly fine but indeed has a lack of peripherals and memory size. If feasible, I want to replace the board with a custom ATmega2560. Could you please confirm if the followings features can be achieved?

1. programmable with Arduino IDE
  2. 3.3V compatible
  3. 16Mhz

I wonder if 'Arduino Mega 2560' profile in Arduino IDE requires 16Mhz and 5V.

http://www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17/#Mini

See if the mini-2560 has 3.3V option. If not, Bob would probably sell you one set up for 3.3V.

We're assembling 2560 cards now, all IO pins broken out. Just add power, or connect a USB Serial adapter
(FTDI Basic clone shown) and you're on your way. Shipped with headers shown; add IO headers
as you see fit, or contact us for other options. ICSP Header, DTR enable jumper, FTDI header with 5V enable jumper.
$46 plus shipping & paypal fee.

If you only need an extra serial port, more pins and RAM, look into the ATmega1284P, it's got 16K RAM.

nownuri:
Could you please confirm if the followings features can be achieved?

1. programmable with Arduino IDE
  2. 3.3V compatible
  3. 16Mhz

It can.

Just run the Atmega2560 at 5V (so it runs within specification at 16Mhz) and use logic level converters on all pins that need to be '3.3V compatible'.

GoForSmoke:
Cross Roads Electronics

See if the mini-2560 has 3.3V option. If not, Bob would probably sell you one set up for 3.3V.

If you only need an extra serial port, more pins and RAM, look into the ATmega1284P, it's got 16K RAM.

I need four UART channels.

Eventually a look at the Pro Mini config files helps in modifying the 2560 file for 3.3V 8MHz.

MegaCore provides board definitions for any ATmega2560 configuration you could want:

nownuri:
I need four UART channels.

What about an AdaFruit itsy bitsy M0 or a Sparkfun SAMD21 breakout? Similar form factor to Pro Micro, 3.3V, 48MHz, 32K ram, 256K flash.

One of the most unique features of the SAMD21 is SERCOM – a set of six configurable serial interfaces that can be turned into either a UART, I2C master, I2C slave, SPI master, or SPI slave. Each SERCOM provides for a lot of flexibility: the ports can be multiplexed, giving you a choice of which task each pin is assigned.