Would like to hear thoughts & suggestions for the cheapest way to construct an led matrix:
- only single colour needed
- individually addressable but no fading/pwm needed
- indoor use, don't need high brightness levels
- pattern update speed 10-20 frames per second
- pre-built modules or individual leds (I realise 4000 leds is a lot of soldering)
- multiplexing by Arduino or other chips
- commonly available (worldwide) components from eBay for example
- constructable at home with typical basic diy/electronics skills & tools
- only cost of components & shipping counts.
- Labour/time soldering, constructing and programming are free, as this would be a hobby rather than commercial venture.
Here is my best option so far:
2 of above totalling £108. Simplest contruction, too! Don't need bi-colour though.