DFPlayer Mini "loopFolder" but small interruption playing track/s

I am building a Retro Telephone prop using an Arduino Nano with a DFPlayer Mini Module and everything is working fine up to lifting the receiver and hearing a Dial Tone through the Handset Speaker.

Until a number is Pressed on the Push button Keypad, I want to have a continuous "Dial Tone" playing through the Handset Speaker.

To achieve this I have the dial tone mp3 file in a Folder labeled "01" and the mp3 file inside that folder labeled 001dial_tone.mp3

This all works fine and when the Receiver is lifted, the dial tone can be heard, and when the Receiver is replaced, the dial tone is silenced.

I am using the player.loop(1) command to loop around the dial tone file, waiting for a number on the Telephone Keypad to be pressed. Unfortunately after each time the file is looped, there is a small interruption in sound between the sound file ending and starting to play again.

I was wondering if there was any way to avoid this slight interruption in play back.

I could obviously have a very very long dial tone mp3 track and hope someone presses a button before the track loops around ???

Code Extract below,

Regards,

Fimez.

void loop() {

// read the receiver input pin:
  receiverState = digitalRead(receiverPin);
  // compare the receiverState to its previous state
  if (receiverState != lastReceiverState) {
    // if the state has changed, play the Dial Tone
    if (receiverState == LOW) {
      // if the current state is LOW then the receiver is off the hook.
      Serial.println("Receiver Is Off The Hook");
      player.loopFolder(1);
     }
    else {
      // if the current state is HIGH then the receiver is on the hook.
      Serial.println("Receiver Is On The Hook");
      player.pause();

}
    // Delay a little bit to avoid Hook Switch Bouncing.
    delay(50);
  }

The best way to do this is to have an insanely long dialtone file so that you don't have to loop in the first place. Also, using .WAV files and DFPlayerMini_Fast.h can help decrease delays between playbacks

Thanks Power_Broker, I have come to the same conclusion about the very long dial tone file which should negate the problem and I will also look DFPlayerMini_Fast.

Fimez