Difference between the MAX485 and the 'HW-0519' modules

Hey everyone,

I recently got a hold of a module named 'HW-0519', which can be found online. The device is supposed to convert TTL to RS485. The MAX485 module is commonly used to convert to RS485 and has a straightforward configuration: data in, receiver out, along with their respective enable pins, and the 'A' and 'B' pins for the RS485 device.

This HW-0519 module, on the other hand, just has the Tx and Rx pins, with no enable pins, Vcc, Gnd, 'A' and 'B' pins, along with a pin marked in Chinese, which when translated using Google translate, shows something along the lines of 'Ground'. I checked with a multimeter, it is not connected to the Gnd pin.

I wanted to know if anyone has experience with this module, and if it is, in fact, similar to the MAX485. Are there any libraries made for this HW-0519? Thanks in advance.

Hw-0519.JPG

Hw-0519.JPG

hi, I also searched this question for answers and found the answer here serial - When it comes to UART to RS485 communication, what is the difference between the 'MAX485' and the 'HW-0519' module? - Arduino Stack Exchange -between-the
I'm not sure about the accuracy of the information, but it's at least something

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.