DIY Steering Wheel problem with L298N

I' m trying to make a FFB steering wheel using Ardunio Leonardo. I did everything without FFB system.Usually on internet people using BTS 7960 motor driver but I have L298N motor driver so I want to make it using L298N.(it's suitable for my motors.) How should i wire it to ardunio.

I did like this
L298N's
IN1 to ardunios 10
IN2 to ardunios 11
GND to ardunios GND and my 12 V power supplys "-"
12 V to my 12 V power supplys "+"
and Motor A to my motor "+" and "-"

I doubt very much that an L298 is suitable for your motor. The BTS 7960 can deliver 43 amps and the L298 will struggle with 2 amps.

You need a motor driver that can easily handle the stall torque for the motor - especially for a force-feedback system.

...R

Robin2:
I doubt very much that an L298 is suitable for your motor. The BTS 7960 can deliver 43 amps and the L298 will struggle with 2 amps.

You need a motor driver that can easily handle the stall torque for the motor - especially for a force-feedback system.

...R

Yes I know it. Now I am trying to make a little version like prototype after that i will make normal version with more powerfull motors and BTS 7960. But first I want to see can i make it so i am trying to make a little version with L298N. Do you know how should i wire the cables?

You also need a special motor that will survive being stalled . That is a difficult ask - running motors take far less current and the rotation aids cooling .
I suspect force feedback wheels don’t use “ motors”

I use a motor driver looking exactly the same as the BTS 7960. Your drawing looks correct. I can send You the snippet of code turning the motor fwd or bwd.
No reason to mess with that old 298.

What is the diameter of your wheel? If you grip the steering wheel at the top (12 O'clock) and turn it left to 9 O'clock, how much force do you want it to "fight back" with, in kilograms, pounds, or Newtons?

Thanks to all. The wiring was correct. After calibrating the program it worked properly but of course FFB is not enough so I will switch to the BTS7960 and more powerful motors.

Hi,
Can I suggest that you get used to drawing schematics, rather than pasting and connecting images.
You can include much more information with a hand drawn diagram showing power supplies and pin/component labels.

Can I also suggest a fuse in the 12V lead incase you have any shorts?

Tom... :slight_smile: