Do you like the new forum?

I just tried the same on an iPhone

Why do old threads suddenly pop to the top? Website Issue in below was last posted in in March 2020.

I think someone replied in error and then removed the post.

Revive this topic?

The last reply to this topic was about 1 year ago. Your reply will bump the topic to the top of its list and notify anyone previously involved in the conversation.

Are you sure you want to continue this old conversation?

Thanks @cattledog ; but I did not get a notification that somebody replied.

The new forum is still full of little surprises.

You could change the whitespace to dark space by changing to the dark theme, this has help my eye strain.

There are a lot of photo’s missing in the [How to use this forum - please read.] guide
(How to use this forum - please read.)

The system is working its way through them, as far as I know. However, that will be seriously outdated as it was written with the old forum in mind.

No, it’s sophomoric. Discourse was not designed for technical forums, it was intended as a replacement for Yahoo Groups and other discussion groups that are no longer around. As such, it’s design is to the lowest common denominator of users. (I.E. the dumbest).

A spammer replied on that thread 5 hours ago. The spam reply was deleted, but it still caused a bump.

You simply set the Desktop view on your mobile device instead of the Mobile view. Open the hamburger menu and switch to mobile view

This feature has been temporarily disabled since is broken on Chrome. It will be re-enabled after refactoring the search bar.

For now you need to enable the “search this topic” option even if ctrl+F should work for searching inside a topic

This is a known issue already reported to Mozilla 1647942 - Performance of ‘view source’ on Discourse forums is unacceptable (mozilla.org). We did a bump.

1 Like

We are working right now on an updated version of this. Once that is done and published, I’ll add a link to the top of Nick Gammon’s excellent guide pointing to its replacement.

Un-bump it :smiley:

Anyway, I would have expected a notification that a new reply was made.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for the feedback. Can’t wait.

Anyone know why I suddenly have hundreds of new topics that are all actually OLD topics ?
Appears to have happened over the last 4 hours or so.

@dax1 @pert

@Ballscrewbob please provide a link to some of the topics and I’ll investigate.

I did not experience this thing you report. I have noticed that I get notifications for old topics when they are moved from one category to another, but I haven’t done any mass moves today.

They were spread over all the sections.
have just finished clearing them from the NEW category so cannot point to any in particular

EDIT they are also creeping into my UNREAD too !
Also had to clear those.
Starting with the counters reset right now.

That article is actually titled “Performance of ‘view source’ on extremely long lines is unacceptable”. There is indeed a rather long line in the source of this page: 399.402 bytes when saved as text with Notepad, 798.806 bytes when saved as Unicode. Absurd, especially since it all starts with

<div class="hidden"

So don’t blame Mozilla.

That is what I’m talking about but I don’t have that on the top of the page, I only have the green section below it with the three horizontal white lines. (Safari 12.1.2)

I get the search bar in any other browser I have(Chrome,Firefox and Opera) I have on my computer.

There is a dedicated topic where this problem is being discussed here: