How to get the best from this forum feedback and comments

has been updated to reflect the use of the Discourse forum

The tutorial How to get the best out of this forum has been updated to reflect the use of the Discourse forum.

If you have any comments, feedback or suggestions for improvements for the instructions please post them here.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Thanks Perry.

A post was split to a new topic: List the forum sub-categories as an actual list

Hi Perry,

especially for people that are in a hurry the explanations should show the quick way - if a quick way is possible and does the same thing.
I have a pre-defined hotstring that pasts the following text

You should post code by using code-tags
There is an automatic function for doing this in the Arduino-IDE
just three steps

1. press Ctrl-T for autoformatting your code
  2. do a rightclick with the mouse and choose "copy for forum"
  3. paste clipboard into write-window of a posting

What do you think about adding this in the code problem section of your text?

best regards Stefan

Hi Stefan,
I think it already tells you how to do that, just not in the way you say

That idea bothers me, people in a hurry should slow down and think about the best way to get help and take the time to post something that's likely to get a useful answer. Of course we know they won't, they will post something badly thought through and impossible to answer, but for those people no instructions will help because they are too lazy to read them.

2 Likes

Thanks for the very good explanaitions. I have e question regarding cross postings: I assume that the majority of the user don't read both the English and, for instance the German Forum. So would it be ok to place a question in these two forums?

That is still considered cross posting, and likely to get one of the posts deleted.