DY-SV17F

hi,

I recently found an interesting module DY-SV17F on Aliexpress.
It is very similar to the JQ6500 module.

However, the price is about the same as JQ6500, but the on-board flash memory is 4MByte, twice that of JQ6500.
It also has a 5W amplifier built into the chip. (JQ6500 is 3W)

I want this Arduino library, but I couldn't find the library or the review article. Maybe it has just been released.

Does anyone know the details of this module?

p.s.
I found an English manual.
DY-SV17F manual & Datasheet

Anyone used it? There seem to be some ability to play one file over another, is that true? How it works?

This is an interesting board, the DY-SV17F is an intelligent voice module developed by the division independently. It integrates I/O subsection triggering, UART serial port control, ONE_line single bus serial port control 3. On board 5W Class D amplifier circuit and can directly drive 4 ohm 3~5W speakers.Support MP3,WAV decoding format. Max support 32Gbit (4MByte) TF card memory, can connect the computer to update TF card to store audio files via USB cable. At this point I think you are on your own that will probably change shortly. This response is to help you get started in solving your problem, not solve it for you.
Good Luck & Have Fun!
Gil

Hi folks. I bought this module: Amazon.com - this looks similar to one in this post.

Playing around with it, I've got it to work in an MP3 mode, that is, by directly activating a pin to play an MP3 file. eg: pin4 activates file 00004.mp3 (plays on both the 3.5mm jack and the amplifier pins).

However, I really want to use the one_line single bus command mode, where commands are sent via a TX port from the arduino. Damned if I can figure out how to send out the data however.

Has anyone else got this to work from an arduino?

I've tried many different commands/syntax, but nothing seems to work. These commands seem to be most intuitive, but they don't work either - using pin11 (Tx, output mode) I've also tried sending the commands separately as well instead of in just one variable,

I did find a full description of the card as well, which describes how things work on the card, but nothing for the arduino.

// for the sound board
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

SoftwareSerial myMP3_TX (10,11); // RX, TX

// for the sound card to play music/sounds (04 = select file 00004.mp3, 0B select, 11 play)
byte SOUND_4_MUSIC[] = {0x04, 0x0B, 0x11};
byte SOUND_STOP = {0x13};

//-----------
void setup(){
Serial.begin(9600);
myMP3_TX.begin(9600);

}

//-------- START OF MAIN LOOP
void loop(){
Serial.println("TRACK 4");
myMP3_TX.write(SOUND_4_MUSIC, sizeof(SOUND_4_MUSIC));

delay(50000);

}

// END OF MAIN LOOP

1 Like

I've also got it to play an MP3 using UART commands and stop the playback, using a PWM pin, but I'm scratching my head over the commands to choose a specific file to play.

eg: to play current song (seems to just pick a random file all by itself)

$byte CURRENT_SONG[4] = {0xAA, 0x02, 0x00, 0xAC};
mySerial.write(CURRENT_SONG, 4);

The command code for a specific song is the format = AA 07 02 S.N.H S.H.L SM
so, 0xAA, 0x07, 0x02, and ???
S.N.H and S.N.L both are = 0x00-0xFF Probably a directory + filename? SM appears to be something called a Checkbit which is defined as "Check Bit: Low 8 bits of sum of all bytes. that is, When start code and data are added, take out low 8 bits. (lowByte??)

Anyway, still trying to figure this out.

I gotten this sound card working with my arduino uno, by using the #include <DYPlayerArduino.h> library - the description of the commands are here: GitHub - SnijderC/dyplayer: Abstracton for DY-XXXX mp3 player modules over UART.

The TX UART commands are working fine, can play/stop specific sounds on demand, however the RX UART is not functioning - returns a FAIL when attempting to use it.

As I understand it, the UNO only has 1 set of TX/RX ports. I've tried to use different ports using the SoftwareSerial command, but I don't know if this library can redirect to different software ports. Tried a few things, but no go right now.

I have more information about the module.
I don't try it.

The module it's called DY-SV17f also DYPlayerArduino.h

I have DY-SV5W and I'm a completely new in Arduino.

I need to trigger MP3 sound when I touch a piezo (drumkit by MP3). But I have very long way to finish it.

Thanks for all and I hope it's ok for your project.

I wold like to know if the shild DY-SV17F could play 4 or more songs in the same time?