eagle files and incomplete circuits

i am first year electrical engineering student working on pcb designing. i downloaded the eagle files and schematic files of arduino UNO and GSM shield. but i was surprised as the circuits shown there are incomplete. please help and guide me in understanding and completing those incomplete circuits.

Hi, welcome to this forum,

I've just downloaded schematic&board of the Uno. It's hard to see what would be missing, the schematic seems... OK and checking each component on the board is quite hard.

It is strange that Eagle gives me an inconsistency error when loading both files though. I suspect someone made some changes to either board or schematic and forgot to save both files. It would be nice if they were replaced with new consistent files.

Luckily the GSM files load without error in my case, I must say I don't exactly know what components should be used/are missing though.

Like many eaglefiles, the only thing needed appears to be clicking tools -> ratsnest to fill the last pieces of PCB with copper, something you'll need to do with the UNO-board as well.

Unfortunately you didn't tell us what you're missing btw, Could you give more details ?

What makes you think the circuits are incomplete?

I can't see anything missing from the Uno design.

How would boards be manufactured, with an incomplete design?

please refer the .jpeg files attached here.
in UNO , I’m getting errors and in GSM, I’m getting Warnings.
can warnings be ignored ?

I'm no expert, but I think the number of errors/warnings you get can be dependent on your individual eagle settings not just the design itself. It could well be that some or all of these errors are not that important.

There are lots of intelligent and helpful people who inhabit this forum who may be able to help more http://www.eaglecentral.ca/forums

You can click on each one, you will get a line to a box around the problem area.
Many warnings you can accept as is - VCC pin connected to +5v for example, just what you want.
Unconnected pins - maybe they aren’t used in your design, so no problem.

Value - right click a part and select Value - fill one in if you want. When you select File:Export:Parts List, the Name and Value will be listed. Both can be left off the schematic. Having Name is good tho, especially when trying to find parts on the board when building by hand or debugging.

Consistency errors - can often resolve by deleting the part on the .sch and the .brd and then reinserting it on the schematic. If you can’t achieve a Consistent, you can never get a board routed that matches the schematic. NEVER save the schematic or the board without both files being open.
NEVER make changes and save without both being open.

I have Eagle 6.6 Pro license, and occasionally it has crashed on me. I just found out Eagle auto saves periodically, that’s what the .s#* or similar files are. I rename the .sch and .brd that crashed to .sch-old and .brd-old, and then rename the later time-stamped .s*# to .sch and the .b#* to .brd and keep going from there.
Still annoyed that it crashes, but at least only a few minutes of work are lost.

I must admit that I had not checked for any errors.

You can ignore the warnings.

If you look at the warnings, most of them are when the names that are given to the power supply pins of the ICs, are not the same as the signal names that they are connected to. But if you look carefully, it is obvious that the pins are connected to an appropriate supply.

The other warnings are where there are two nearby pads that can be bridged by solder, the error states that no value is given. They can be either open circuit or short circuit depending on the user's choice. How do you allocate a "value" to this?

The one error that is reported is where the name of the part on the schematic is not exactly the same as the name of the component on the PCB layout. I think that as there is only one character difference, then they are really both the same part.

So I believe that you can safely ignore these warnings/errors.

And as I said in my earlier reply, how could they make working boards if there really was an error?

JohnLincoln:
And as I said in my earlier reply, how could they make working boards if there really was an error?

To make a board you indeed need good files, but it isn't that hard to accidentally... place incorrect/incomplete files on a site....

There are lots of sloppy errors in these files.
Here's one. The USB VCC wire (IC pin 31) ends in mid-air.
Maybe these "errors" stop noobs from making their own Arduinos.
Leo..