Earth to neutral voltage detection circuit

Dear all,

I am looking for Earth to neutral detection circuit interface with arduino. If earth Neutral voltage >5v atrduino should trip the relay circuit. Can anyone suggest best way of doing it

AJITnayak:
Dear all,

I am looking for Earth to neutral detection circuit interface with arduino. If earth Neutral voltage >5v atrduino should trip the relay circuit. Can anyone suggest best way of doing it

Assuming we're dealing with AC voltages .... an isolation transformer, and half-wave or full-wave rectifier, and filtering....some voltage scaling, calibrations etc....then measure DC voltage with arduino.

It's called and RCD or RCBO :smiley:

Is there any circuit based on Arduino.

RCD & RCBO are measure current in live and neutral conductor and trip the relay coil.

RCD & RCb0 are expensive.

I would like to measure earth & neutral voltgae. If it >3.0v The relay should turn on.

maybe this
Differential amplifier > am detector > voltage comparator or arduino

RCD & RCBO are measure current in live and neutral conductor and trip the relay coil.

Yes, that is what they do but they do not measure current in the classic sense in each conductor. Both the live and neutral conductors pass through one current transformer. Any current that flows out of the live conductor that does not return through the neutral produces a voltage on the output of the transformer. It is this voltage, that is proportional to the difference in current in both wires, that is used to trip the device.

I would like to measure earth & neutral voltgae. If it >3.0v The relay should turn on.

Good luck with that. Measure the voltage relative to what? You don’t appear to understand the relationship of voltage and current.

What are you really trying to sense? What is this magic limit of 3 volts that started out at 5 volts?

gfci plug - more popular

AJITnayak:
Is there any circuit based on Arduino.

Jay's World: Labelled Diagram of RCD

They don't measure anything. They detect any difference from the out going current and the return current. Any imbalance induces a current in a third coil causing the device to trip if over the devices rating. You could measure the voltage across this and using simple ohms law you could calculate the differential between Neutral and Earth. They are not that expensive - approx 30GBP

i would like to know is there any sensors are available for ground fault detection , which is available for 10$ & easy detect through hardware or Arduino PINS..

Is there difference between Ground fault detection & earth leakage detection circuit??are they same.

those links should answer your questions, regarding the price google - GFCI

https://www.google.ca/search?q=gfci+outlet+principles&tbm=isch&tbs=rimg:CcjfG6ig8kV3IjiYEtFDDdr0MzWn3EnU9uFqf28Bjo3kE9dEqq0aaKUFJ4NQeG6DBVqP45c0pf_1qCx5BwqWhQmYmRCoSCZgS0UMN2vQzERwYm_13QosVKKhIJNafcSdT24WoRj6B664ZNvZkqEgl_1bwGOjeQT1xE4mbKmhAyWeSoSCUSqrRpopQUnEdkomeoJiIP8KhIJg1B4boMFWo8RSA7b_1rErqHIqEgnjlzSl_1-oLHhFm6jJyaEZQJioSCUHCpaFCZiZEEdyIpPEDQcoj&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjfqP_rjY_bAhVCyYMKHetsBVkQ9C96BAgBEBs&biw=1440&bih=744&dpr=1

the simplest sensor - AC milliamp meter.
The fridge example.
One meter probe to metal part of the fridge second to ground of ac receptacle.

or
Left side R1 to fridge, left side R2 to ground

AJITnayak:
i would like to know is there any sensors are available for ground fault detection , which is available for 10$ & easy detect through hardware or Arduino PINS..

Is there difference between Ground fault detection & earth leakage detection circuit??are they same.

They are the same. USA and Canada calls them GFI and GFCI and UK calls them RCD and RCBO

Canadians are cheaper