EasyVr shield based project

Hi guys,

I'm having some trouble making my Netduino communicate with the voice recognition shield made for Arduino. I'm using the J12 jumper in HW(hardware serial mode) operating mode, which means that it uses the 0-1 pins. Now, for both Arduino and Netduino these pins belong to COM1, so there should be no problem there. My first attempt consisted in sending the 'b' character(CMD_BREAK command for the shield) to easyVr and waiting for a response that never came. I had no problems in training the shield via EasyVr Commander. I realise that this is, perhaps, a more Netduino/C# related question, but I think there is something in the easyVr protocol that I must be missing.

This is the code I used:

public static SerialPort serial;
        public static Boolean responseReceived = false;

public static void Main()
        {
            byte[] wakeUp = new byte[1] { 0x62 };

serial = new SerialPort(SerialPorts.COM1, 9600, Parity.None, 8, StopBits.One);
            serial.Open();
            serial.DataReceived += new SerialDataReceivedEventHandler(serial_DataReceived);

while (!responseReceived)
            {
                serial.Write(wakeUp, 0, wakeUp.Length);
                Thread.Sleep(1000);
            }

Thread.Sleep(Timeout.Infinite);
        }

static void serial_DataReceived(object sender, SerialDataReceivedEventArgs e)
        {
            byte[] bytes = new byte[1];
            responseReceived = true;
            while (serial.BytesToRead > 0)
            {
                serial.Read(bytes, 0, bytes.Length);
            }
        }

The datasheet for this module: http://dlnmh9ip6v2uc.cloudfront.net/datasheets/Dev/Arduino/Shields/EasyVR_User_Manual_3.3.pdf

If anyone has experience with EasyVr or has some advice, I would be grateful for the input.

I'm having some trouble making my Netduino communicate with the voice recognition shield made for Arduino.

I can't get a Chevy camshaft to work in my Ford, either. Take your Netduino questions down the road, if you want useful answers.

You were more affable in the cartoon, Tiger.