error building MD_MIDIFile library

I am trying to build a arduino project to play midi files. I downloaded MD_MIDIFiles and SdFat libraries in place them in sketchbook/libraries and then try this.

#include <SPI.h>
#include <SdFat.h>
#include <MD_MIDIFile.h>

SdFat SD;
//MD_MIDIFile SMF;

void setup(){

}

void loop(){

}

Just to test. I builds SdFat ok, but then this:

/home/tj/sketchbook/libraries/MD_MIDIFile/MD_MIDITrack.cpp: In member function ‘bool MD_MFTrack::getNextEvent(MD_MIDIFile*, uint16_t)’:
/home/tj/sketchbook/libraries/MD_MIDIFile/MD_MIDITrack.cpp:90: error: ‘fseek’ was not declared in this scope
/home/tj/sketchbook/libraries/MD_MIDIFile/MD_MIDITrack.cpp:120: error: ‘ftell’ was not declared in this scope
/home/tj/sketchbook/libraries/MD_MIDIFile/MD_MIDITrack.cpp: In member function ‘void MD_MFTrack::parseEvent(MD_MIDIFile*)’:
/home/tj/sketchbook/libraries/MD_MIDIFile/MD_MIDITrack.cpp:285: error: ‘fseek’ was not declared in this scope
/home/tj/sketchbook/libraries/MD_MIDIFile/MD_MIDITrack.cpp:138: warning: unused variable ‘eLen’
/home/tj/sketchbook/libraries/MD_MIDIFile/MD_MIDITrack.cpp:139: warning: unused variable ‘sev’
/home/tj/sketchbook/libraries/MD_MIDIFile/MD_MIDITrack.cpp: In member function ‘int MD_MFTrack::load(uint8_t, MD_MIDIFile*)’:
/home/tj/sketchbook/libraries/MD_MIDIFile/MD_MIDITrack.cpp:415: error: ‘ftell’ was not declared in this scope
/home/tj/sketchbook/libraries/MD_MIDIFile/MD_MIDITrack.cpp:425: error: ‘fseek’ was not declared in this scope
/home/tj/sketchbook/libraries/MD_MIDIFile/MD_MIDITrack.cpp:389: warning: unused variable ‘dat16’

It looks like the MD_MIDIFile library code is not finding the SdFat library.

Any thoughts?

tj

Any thoughts?

Yes. You said:

I downloaded MD_MIDIFiles and SdFat libraries

but did not say from where.

It looks like the MD_MIDIFile library code is not finding the SdFat library.

How did you come to that conclusion?

PaulS:
Yes. You said:but did not say from where.
Github

How did you come to that conclusion?
Because MIDIFile cannot find SdFat functions.

Github

That's about as useful as saying "on the internet". If you want some help, you'll post a link AS A LINK.

Because MIDIFile cannot find SdFat functions.

It may not know anything about SdFat. It may think it should be using SD. Or JoesTattooParlorSaveToSDCard.h. Without seeing the library that only you can see, we can't help you.

MD_MidiFile library is one of mine, URL in the signature block. SDFat is at greiman (greiman) / Repositories · GitHub.

Exactly where and how have you installed these libraries?

Thanks for the help. I wiped what I downloaded and went to your site and down loaded SdFat and MD_MIDIFile from there and it worked just fine. Really don't know where the original problem was. But, working now.

Thanks.

ok, all good. Thanks for closing off the issue.