Error

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "___REMOVE___/bin/avrdude": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
	at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
	at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUtils.java:26)
	at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploadCommand(Uploader.java:130)
	at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingProgrammer(SerialUploader.java:345)
	at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:91)
	at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:78)
	at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1187)
	at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1160)
	at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1132)
	at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportAppHandler.run(Editor.java:2506)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
	at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:386)
	at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)
	at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
	... 10 more
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

I was able to fix that issue by opening Boards Manager, waiting for the downloads to complete, and then closing Boards Manager but that doesn’t seem to work for anyone else. Let me know if it helps.

pert:
I was able to fix that issue by opening Boards Manager, waiting for the downloads to complete, and then closing Boards Manager but that doesn't seem to work for anyone else. Let me know if it helps.

Not really. I use my own board file, will figure it out later. thanks

Doesn't matter if you use your own board file - do try that solution (even though it seems like it shouldn't work).

This seems to be a problem associated with 1.6.10, but in another thread on the topic, someone reported that it followed them when they downgraded to 1.6.9. The brute force solution that worked for them was to uninstall 1.6.10, delete C:/users/(your username)/AppData (hidden folder)/Local/Arduino15 and install 1.6.9.