esp8266 library for arduino

I am having a esp8266 with an atmega328 .
I would like to use the best library for the esp in arduino.

The most popular library brings the arduino TO the esp8266, but i would like to use external atmega.
https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino/blob/esp8266/hardware/esp8266com/esp8266/doc/reference.md

1.Can i use this library with esp and external atmega ?
2. Is there a esp8266 library for arduino , that you dont need to flash a new program on the esp ? works out of the box ?

Thanks .

I think the link you posted is about programming an ESP8266 module and not about using it with an Atmega MCU.

If you just want to use the ESP8266 to add WiFi capability to an Atmega MCU this library may be suitable.

...R

Thanks a lot .

Well we used to work with the nodemcu . We would like to proceed to mass production .
Flashing the esp with hardware is another stage in the process that we want to skip .

So i was looking for a stable library , that is not requiring any flashing of firmware , and than can do
everything needed( including sleep/awake , set esp as a softAP, and send http requests) .

You think this library is good for my needs ?

Thanks .

BenStlr:
You think this library is good for my needs ?

I have no idea.
It is just a suggestion for you to explore.

...R

Hi,

I'm thinking about equipping my Nano with the esp8266 to get WiFi and send data to the Nano via a webserver. E.g. change motor speed or what ever.
Did you try the library or did you find a good one?

smileede:
did you find a good one?

For your purposes, this is my favorite: GitHub - bportaluri/WiFiEsp: Arduino WiFi library for ESP8266 modules. The only thing I don't like about it is the author left Serial debug output on by default. If you want to connect the ESP8266 to your Nano via Serial then you will need to turn this output off before the library will work. If you're not using Serial then I still recommend turning it off to save memory and avoid unnecessary delays once you have things working correctly. To turn it off you need to change src/utility/debug.h line 31(WiFiEsp/src/utility/debug.h at master · bportaluri/WiFiEsp · GitHub) from:

#define _ESPLOGLEVEL_ 3

to:

#define _ESPLOGLEVEL_ 0

Remember to repeat this process any time you update to a new version of the library.