esp8266

after trying so many ways how to connect esp8266 wifi module to arduino mega......and failing for several times....can some explain how to connect the wifi module in correct way....is the current from laptop usb ports enough for it to work?? if not how much current required to make it work.....can i connect the rx and tx pin directly to aurdino mega r do i need to use some level shifters?? PlZZZ help me out.........

Lastly.....how to check whether these modules is working or not??

You forgot the link to the module you're using (there are tons of different module with the ESP8266 chip out there, almost every one has a different firmware on it and the firmware makes the biggest difference).

can i connect the rx and tx pin directly to aurdino mega r do i need to use some level shifters??

The ESP8266 has an I/O voltage range of 1.75-3.6V so you need a level converter.

is the current from laptop usb ports enough for it to work?? if not how much current required to make it work...

If you power the ESP8266 directly from the 5V the current should be OK. But if you connect it to the 3V3 regulator of the MEGA it won't work as that delivers only 80mA but the ESP8266 need up to 220mA if transmitting WiFi signals.

hey pylon, thank you very much. I never plugged the module to 5v as it was been said in internet that it could damage the module.

thank you very much. I never plugged the module to 5v as it was been said in internet that it could damage the module.

The module might include an internal voltage regulator. We don't know because you still didn't provide a link to the device you're using.

I connected ESP8266 ESP-07 module to mega. 1) Download library you like 2) Connect accoding to recomendations ( in library) 3) Send blank AT command . Response will be: OK

hey Pylon, I am using arduino Mega 2560 and wifi module esp8266 ESP-01

warning: espcomm_sync failed error: espcomm_open failed error: espcomm_upload_mem failed error: espcomm_upload_mem failed these are the errors that i often see when i connect esp8266-01

It looks like you're trying to overwrite the firmware of the ESP-01, you might have already done that. This makes it difficult to help you with your Arduino problem. If you want to know how to program the ESP8266 please use a forum for that platform. If you still have the standard firmware for the ESP-01 installed an "AT" sent to the ESP8266 should result in an "OK".

I use an ESP-01 with a Mega 2560 You cannot run the ESP off the 3.3V from the Mega - There is insufficient current available. To run the ESP off 5V you need a 3.3V regulator such as the LM1117AV33 The USB should supply the Mega & the ESP for testing The Tx from the Mega (I use Tx1 & Rx1 for the ESP so that Tx0 & Rx0 can be used for the serial monitor) must go through a level shifter or just a simple resistive voltage divider. I use a 1K & a 2K resistor connect the resistors in series, the other end of the 2K to GND & the 1K to Tx1 on the Mega Take the junction of the 2 resistors to Rx on the ESP. The Tx on the ESP can be connected directly to Rx1 on the Mega

I use a very simply sketch for testing

void setup()
{
    Serial.begin(115200);
    Serial1.begin(115200);
}
void loop()
{
    while (Serial1.available()) {
        Serial.write(Serial1.read());
    }
    while (Serial.available()) {
        Serial1.write(Serial.read());
    }
}

Make sure the baud rate is correct for your ESP mine came as 115200 as default, some are 9600 by default Make sure your serial monitor is set to"Both NL & CR"

Then type AT press return & you should see "OK"

you can then use any other AT commands to communicate with the ESP & you have tested the connection.

Good luck!

For $15, you can get an ESP8266 already connected to "an Arduino"... although it doesn't have a LOT of memory, or I/O pins, it can still do a lot.

I speak of the Sparkfun "Thing". They have two "Thing"s... I like the "Dev Board" version.

More independent stuff (from me, not Sparkfun, and we have no "relationship")... at...

http://sheepdogguides.com/elec/misc/esp8266/esp8266-main.htm

Kindly follow the steps as given in the blog post..! Hope it helps you..

Use IoT with esp8266

I used a connection .Can you check is it correct .
thanks.

I used a connection .Can you check is it correct .

No, as you didn't use a level converter. The ESP-01 runs on 3V3 while the Arduino (at least the usual ones, you didn't tell us which one you use) is at 5V.

Hello everyone

I want to mix java script codes in with Arduino codes but, i don’t know why Arduino IDE sends me an error when I did that.
I put my codes here and I will really be appreciate anyone which understand what is the problem in these codes and fix it for me.

#include <ESP8266WiFi.h>
const char* ssid = “xxxx”;
const char* password = “xxxx”;

WiFiServer server(80);

void setup() {

Serial.begin(115200);
delay(10);

Serial.println();
Serial.println();
Serial.print("Connecting to ");
Serial.println(ssid);

WiFi.begin(ssid, password);

while (WiFi.status() != WL_CONNECTED) {
delay(500);
Serial.print(".");
}
Serial.println("");
Serial.println(“WiFi connected”);

server.begin();
Serial.println(“Server started”);

Serial.println(WiFi.localIP());
}

void loop() {

WiFiClient client = server.available();
if (!client) {
return;
}

Serial.println(“new client”);
while (!client.available()) {
delay(1);
}

String req = client.readStringUntil(’\r’);
Serial.println(req);
client.flush();
String s;

s += “”;
s += “”;
s += " .slidecontainer { width: 60%;}.slider { -webkit-appearance: none; width: 100%; height: 25px; background: #d3d3d3; outline: none; opacity: 0.7; -webkit-transition: .2s; transition: opacity .2s;}.slider:hover { opacity: 1;}.slider::-webkit-slider-thumb { -webkit-appearance: none; appearance: none; width: 25px; height: 25px; background: #4CAF50; cursor: pointer;}.slider::-moz-range-thumb { width: 25px; height: 25px; background: #4CAF50; cursor: pointer;}";

s += “

Custom Range Slider

”;

s += “<input type=“range” min=“1” max=“5” value=“1” class=“slider” oninput=“myFunction(this.value)”>

Value: <span id=“demo”>

”;

s += “”;
function myFunction(val) {
switch (val) {
case “1”:
document.getElementById(“demo”).innerHTML = “OFF”;
break;

case “2”:
document.getElementById(“demo”).innerHTML = “I got position number 2”;
break;

case “3”:
document.getElementById(“demo”).innerHTML = “I need a break”;
break;

case “4”:
document.getElementById(“demo”).innerHTML = “I got number 4”;
break;

case “5”:
document.getElementById(“demo”).innerHTML = “This is the last position in range”;
break;

}
}
s += “< / script >”;

s += “< / body >”;
s += “< / html >”;

client.print(s);
delay(1);
Serial.println(“Client disconnected”);
}

You cannot use javascript in Arduino IDE (Its C++ langunage)
Also you can use esp-01 on 5v with adapter (it has on board lvl shifter)