Ethernet shield can't connect to router

Hello,
I recently try arduino ethernet shield. When I do the project with router in my class, it worked well. I can ping it and I can read my sensor from the computer client.

But when I try to do the same when I get home, my ethernet can't connect to router in my home. The lan port indicator where the ethernet plugged is turn off. I try to open the example DhcpAddressPrinter, but it didn't work (it was work in my class). I try to connect to different port, but the result is same.
My lan ports are in the good condition, because it work well in other devices.

Is ethernet shield work only for certain router? Or is there configuration that need to be done to make ethernet shield connect with router? I have try to google it but I still get stuck.

Router in my home is TP-LINK model TL-MR3420. I power arduino from usb laptop.

I appreaciate all of help, it means a lot for me.
Thank you.
Pardon my bad english.

Is ethernet shield work only for certain router?

No, but the router has to know what the IP address of the Arduino is (or at least what range it can be in).

It seems likely that the school has assigned a range of IP addresses that the Arduino(s) can use, and you were told to use one of them). It also seems likely that your router does not know about the Arduino.

Thank you so much PaulS for your advice.
Now my ethernet shield can connect with my router :slight_smile:
Hope you always have a good day :slight_smile:

@violentaria

I have the EXACT problem as yours and i'm still stuck at it!

So i would appreciate it so much if you told what you did to make the ethernet shield work.

Thanks in advance.

violentaria:
Thank you so much PaulS for your advice.
Now my ethernet shield can connect with my router :slight_smile:
Hope you always have a good day :slight_smile:

i can't connect. please give me trick for connect