First ever help: water pump control + LCD + SMS alert

Hi guys, this is my first post here. After some years (yes, years) I finally decided to come out with a project. I expect to be just the beginning.

First, as like many others here, I don’t have a background in electronics. Also, this is my first ‘project’ and I am here to learn. Sorry in advance by the completely dumb questions. Lets go:

I am looking to reproduce this project here
Its a system to automate irrigation. The schematics is here
I tried to assemble an prototype exactly as the image attached but I have some important questions:

1. As I am very new with circuits and wiring, I would like some help to check if my prototype match the schematics in the original project.
  2. In the original schema, the owner did not use a relay module, and in my case, I decided use an single rely module and wired the Signal wire directly into D11. It’s ok?
  3. In the original schema, the owner used a DIY soil moisture sensor with just VCC and Ground. In my case, using a ready made sensor there is the Signal output which I have any idea where to wire.
  4. Are there something else I am missing? Specially regarding the power supply? I do not want to burn everything again as I did when was kid!

I think it is just it for a while!

Details regarding my prototype, relay and SIM900A module + datasheet are following.

Once again, I don’t have anyone else to help me and I would appreciate every minute of your attention. I also must to improve this project a lot and learn how to deal with it by-myself.

Many thanks in advance and looking for your replies :slight_smile:

vinicivs:

1. As I am very new with circuits and wiring, I would like some help to check if my prototype match the schematics in the original project.

You'll have to ask a friend nearby to come over to your place and manually follow all the wires for that.

1. In the original schema, the owner did not use a relay module, and in my case, I decided use an single rely module and wired the Signal wire directly into D11. It's ok?

Normally - yes, those modules should have all the appropriate driver hardware on board. Check the documentation of your relay module. The only thing you MAY have to add is a resistor between the pin and the module.

1. In the original schema, the owner used a DIY soil moisture sensor with just VCC and Ground. In my case, using a ready made sensor there is the Signal output which I have any idea where to wire.

Analog or digital output? Connect to an appropriate pin.

1. Are there something else I am missing? Specially regarding the power supply? I do not want to burn everything again as I did when was kid!

Nothing special - as long as it's the correct voltage and can supply sufficient power for everything you want to connect to it.

If you have a 5V power supply it connects to Vin, if you have 6.5-12V it connects to Vcc (and the regulator will bring it down to the 5V level). Don't power relay coil or motor from your Arduino, the built-in regulator can not supply that much power.