Gate motor Inverter control.

Hai guys :)

So I am buzzy with a project involving a AC gate motor and solar panels. Basically there is no AC power at the cate and it is to far to pull a cable for it so the solution is a solar panel charging a battery and then the battery supplying power to an power inverter , the problem I am having is that the inverter is always on so drawing power even if no load is connected.

So what I am planning on doing is using the Arduino Duemilanove and two 5 volt relays. What I want to happen is, I want to connect the gate motor Receiver to the Arduino to supply an analog input to the Arduino when I press the button to open the gate. What I want to happen is after the signal is received the Arduino switch on a relay for say 30 seconds , this will turn on the inverter, also say 2 seconds after the signal is received pulse a another relay for 1 second , to trigger the gate to open . So basically after pressing the button to open the cate the Arduino will switch on the inverter for 30 seconds and also trigger the gate 2 seconds after that, the gate has a auto close feature so I will be relying on that to close the gate. Then like I said after 30 seconds the first relay must also de energise thus turning of the inverter and saving battery power.

Can someone please help me with the programming, I am new to this programming platform. :confused:

I want to connect the gate motor Receiver

Specifically, which gate motor receiver?

to supply an analog input to the Arduino when I press the button to open the gate.

Why do you assume that the receiver will produce an analog signal?

I am new to this programming platform.

What programming, or electronics, experience do you have?

The receiver is basically a relay that is energized when you press the remote button so you can easily switch 5 v with it to give a signal to the arduino.

i am a Millwright( electric and mechanical qualifid ) i have grate experience with plc programming in lader and electrical and electronics , only thing is i do not know how to make the arduino do this specif task lol

or will i use the digital input for that ? im not sure.

On my gate I went all DC (With solar charging) but I was making the entire controller using a linear actuator…

Anyway this may help you get started,… If you ground pin 2 it will turn on relay 1 on a a 2 channel relay board, wait 2 seconds turn on relay 2, wait 2 seconds turn off relay 2, wait 30 seconds turn off relay 1

(This code is not test and was written very quick test it)

const int MoveGatePin = 2; //Set Position
const int Relay1Pin  = 3; //Relay Inverter
const int Relay2Pin  = 4; //Relay GateMove
boolean movegate = false;
boolean relay2 = false;
unsigned long tmrinverteron = 0;
unsigned long tmrwaittomove = 0;
unsigned long tmrholdrelayon = 0;

void setup() {
// Starting the serial interface
  Serial.begin(19200);

// SET INPUT PIN
  pinMode(MoveGatePin, INPUT);
  digitalWrite(MoveGatePin, HIGH);

// SET PINS FOR RELAY BOARD  HIGH FOR OFF LOW FOR ON
  pinMode(Relay1Pin, OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite(Relay1Pin, HIGH);
  pinMode(Relay2Pin, OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite(Relay2Pin, HIGH);
}

void loop() {
    //wait for pin 2 grounding
    while ( ( !digitalRead(MoveGatePin) ) and ( !movegate ) ) {
      movegate = true;
      tmrinverteron = millis();
      tmrwaittomove = millis();
    }
    if ( movegate ) {
        digitalWrite(Relay1Pin, LOW);  // TURN ON INVERTER

// WAIT 2 SECONDS ACTTIVATE 2nd RELAY
        if ( ( millis() - tmrwaittomove > 2000 ) and ( !relay2 ) ) {  
           // TURN ON 2nd Relay
          digitalWrite(Relay2Pin, LOW);
          // SET COUNTER FOR TURN OFF
          tmrholdrelayon = millis();  
          relay2 = true;
        }

// WAIT 2 SECONDS ACTTIVATE 2nd RELAY
        if ( ( millis() - tmrholdrelayon > 2000 ) and ( relay2 ) ) {  
          // TURN OFF 2nd Relay
          digitalWrite(Relay2Pin, HIGH); 
        }

// IF INVERTER ON 30 SEC TURN OFF
        if ( millis() - tmrinverteron > 30000 ) {
           // TURN OFF INVERTER
          digitalWrite(Relay1Pin, HIGH);
          movegate = false;
          relay2 = false;
        }
    }
  delay(5);
}

it is working 100% !! thank you !!

i was wondering is it possible to write the code is such a way that after the relay has activated for 30 seconds and the second relay activates for 2 seconds , is it possible to then write it that when the pin 2 is ground again that the second relay activate again for 2 second but the main relay still deactivate after 30 seconds ?

Sure there is a way,...