Graphic LCD

Hi everyone

I have a graphic lcd 192x64 but am having trouble trying to get it working it is a topway lm19264a I know it has 3 chips but only 2 chip select pins. I have got it sorta working what I’m getting using openGLCD library is the last 1/3 of the display working but nothing else like the picture attached also I’m getting the all black pixels everywhere that is not having data written to it

any help would be great

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html
then look down to item #7 about how to post your code.
It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Also a link to the display and or a picture of the display and pins.

Thanks… Tom… :slight_smile:

happydays4311:
I know it has 3 chips but only 2 chip select pins. I have got it sorta working what I’m getting using openGLCD library is the last 1/3 of the display working but nothing else.

My guess is that the two chip select pins are decoded to select one of the three chips. Something like:
HIGH HIGH: No chip selected
HIGH LOW: First chip selected
LOW HIGH: Second chip selected
LOW LOW: Third chip selected
It shouldn’t take much experimentation to figure out what combination of signals selects which chip.

The openGLCD html documentation included with the library and the glcd datasheet are your friends. The library comes with a generic 192x64 config file that should work for that display. It is recommended to run the diagnostic sketch and only the diagnostic sketch when first bringing up a display. The diag sketch is useful in helping to determine wiring and configuration issues.

Once you have the library library configured for the 192x64 display, if there are still issues when running the diag sketch and you have gone through the troubleshooting guide, post your diag output here, and I'll take a look and see if I can get you going.

--- bill