GSM module A6 unable to make phonecall

Hi everyone,

I’m Sven and I have a Arduino uno connected to a A6 GSM module with the following connections:

Arduino ---- A6 module

D2 UTX
D3 URX
GND G
5V VCC
5v PWR

In the GSM module I inserted a simcard from which I removed the PINlock and the simcard is able to call someone (I have put the simcard in a cellphone and tried to call myself and I received the call)

I programmed the following code on the arduino uno: (I sensored my phone number)

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
SoftwareSerial mSerial(2,3);

//char phone_no[]="0499163---"; //papa
char phone_no[]="0470362---"; //sven

void setup()
{
  pinMode(13,OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite(13,LOW);

mSerial.begin(115200);  

delay(5000); //wacht tot modem is opgestart
  mSerial.println("AT");
  digitalWrite(13,HIGH);
  delay(200);
  mSerial.print("ATD");
  mSerial.println(phone_no);
  delay(10000);
  mSerial.println("ATH");
  digitalWrite(13,LOW);
  delay(10000);

}

void loop()
{
  digitalWrite(13,HIGH);
  mSerial.print("ATD");
  mSerial.println(phone_no);
  delay(17000);
  mSerial.println("ATH");
  digitalWrite(13,LOW);
  delay(600000); //10 min
}

This code makes (read “should”) the arduino uno communicate with the GSM module using a softwareserial connection and should initiate 2 phonecalls to the chosen phonenumber and after this it should call every ten minutes. Instead I don’t get any phonecall at all.
Plugging the arduino in a wall adapter (which can deliver more power) doesn’t effect my results.

As a test I uploaded following code:

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
SoftwareSerial BTSerial(2,3); // RX | TX

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
  Serial.println("Enter AT commands:");
  BTSerial.begin(115200);  // HC-05 default speed in AT command more
}

void loop()
{

// Keep reading from HC-05 and send to Arduino Serial Monitor
  if (BTSerial.available())
    Serial.write(BTSerial.read());

// Keep reading from Arduino Serial Monitor and send to HC-05
  if (Serial.available())
    BTSerial.write(Serial.read());
}

With this code I can write commands in the monitor and view the response of the module.
It responds ‘ok’ if I send AT so I guess it’s not a communication problem.
When I manually send ATD+phonenumber I get semi-gibberisch (see picture attached) which seems like ‘cme error 500’. What I did found about this error is that I might need a country code in my phonenumber so +324… instead of 04… But changing this didn’t affect my results. Other causes of the error that I find on the internet are no connection but I tried in open air and still same results.

Another thing: I have a similar setup that I made in the past with the only differance that I used this module:

instead of the one from the picture attacted.

So I wonder if anyone can help me to figure out why the module won’t make the call!

Thanks Sven!

module.JPG

[solved] The fault was my own: I assumed that the "GOOUUU TECG IOT-GA6" modem was the same as the "A6" modem. It appaered it is not! I flashed the A6-firmware to this modem to solve my problem as explained on github: https://github.com/vshymanskyy/TinyGSM/issues/164