Heyy
Does anybody know what is the maximum RPM value I can read with an Arduino UNO using a Whadda Hall (Holzer) Magnetic Switch Module?
Cause I need to be able to get readings of about 140 000 rpm.
Thank you :)
Heyy
Does anybody know what is the maximum RPM value I can read with an Arduino UNO using a Whadda Hall (Holzer) Magnetic Switch Module?
Cause I need to be able to get readings of about 140 000 rpm.
Thank you :)
I am sure you have all the documentation for this module, so what is the minimum switching time for the module?How many times per second will the module properly switch? The Schmitt trigger always has a time limit for switching. What will you do to report the RPM and how often?
A "a Whadda Hall (Holzer) Magnetic Switch Module?" points to a board, with no useful information.
Which sensor is mounted on that circuit board (could vary).
Then you could look up the datasheet for the sensor.
140,000RMP is only 2.333kHz.
I don't see how that could be a problem.
Leo..
Its polite to provide a link like this
The data doesnt say what the frequency response is, but 2-3kHz should not be a problem.
You could consider frequency division to reduce the demand on the uno, depending on what else it needs to do..
Whadda is the brand name for the original Velleman kits and modules.
I couldn't find any information of the type of sensor used.
If you can see on the module what the sensor is, you can explore the data sheet.
Alternatively, find one that suits your purposes from the large selection available.
Texas and Allegro for example. Most are easy to use.
Familiarise yourself with the different types of Hall sensors. Some are latching, some low powered.
You are probably going to have to set up some sort of test rig with a known rpm.
Always helpful to say what you are trying to do and what accuracy you need.
This frequency range is slightly higher than that of the most common RF remote control transmitters, which are easily handled by UNOs and the RCSwitch library.
Hence, it's possible that the limitation, if it exists, is with your "mystery" sensor.
??
140k RPM is 2333 RPSecond (2333Hz).
Way lower than the 38000HZ of a remote control.
Leo..
Did you see the âRFâ in my post?
The decoded pulses from common RF RCs are in the range 300 ”s to 600 ”s.
And, if I mentioned âRCSwitchâ, it was obvious I was talking about the decoded pulses, not the carrier.