HC-05 not going into AT command mode

Recently got a HC-05 read this tutorial Arduino with HC-05 (ZS-040) Bluetooth module – AT MODE | Martyn Currey and despite hours of trying i was not able to get the module to go into AT command mode (LED was always flashing fast). The module dosnt have a button but i trye shorting the button pads with a jumper and also tried applying 3.3v to pin 34 as the tutorial recommended. Any suggestions.

It sounds like you are doing all the right things and you are in the right place to get the good oil. Note that there are some variations in commands. Check line endings and carriage returns.

What do you mean by check line endings and carriage returns. i have both nl and cr on in the serial monitor.

I meant that. Now check wiring RxRx.

Ok tried that way and tried putting tx -tx and rx-rx

commiccannon:
and tried putting tx -tx and rx-rx

If you understand what Tx and Rx actually mean, you have probably worked out by now that that was a particularly dumb idea.

Prompted by:

1. the absence of a button, and

2. you used a jumper to pin 34 instead of simply using the EN pin
    here are two shots in the dark:

3. if your board has four pins, you have an HC-06, not an HC-05.

4. If your board has six pins, connect Bluetooth in the kosher manner, no jumpers.
    Try the following,

/* One Shot
 Kudos to marguskohv - he sowed the seed....
Serial monitor is just aide memoire
 */
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
SoftwareSerial Serial1(2, 3); // RX | TX
String command = ""; // Stores response from HC-06 

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:
  Serial.begin(9600);       //monitor
  Serial1.begin(9600);      //bluetooth 

Serial.print("AT      ");  
  Serial1.print("AT");                  //PING
  if (Serial1.available()) {
    while(Serial1.available()) { // While there is more to be read, keep reading.
    delay(3);
    char c = Serial1.read();
      command += c;    
    }
  }
  delay(1000);
  Serial.println(command);
  command = ""; // No repeats
}

void loop(){
}   //one-shot - nothing here

Note the pins and the baud rate. Turning serial monitor on will reset the programme. If you see an OK, you have an HC-06, not an HC-05. HC-06 is in AT mode by default.

Thanks for all your help. Tried that, still not working. Not sure what the kosher manner is and my board has 4 pins and 6 spots for pins. It did come pre-soldered so its not that i didnt put some on. and i cannot use the en pin because pin 34 is not soldered onto the board.

commiccannon:
my board has 4 pins and 6 spots for pins. It did come pre-soldered so its not that i didnt put some on. and i cannot use the en pin because pin 34 is not soldered onto the board.

OK, I repeat

Nick_Pyner:

1. if your board has four pins, you have an HC-06, not an HC-05.

While my HC-06 is soldered with all connections, your's not being soldered at pin 34 is quite understandable, as there is nothing there anyway.