help help!!!! servos and arduino!! D:

Good people, I’m sorry again with this Fritzing and in this forum, my scheme is made with the little that I have practiced with him, but hope it’s understandable …

I need feeding 4-8 servos with an external source: 4 servos are mg996r and 4 servos 9g
Arduino Mega 2560 and another source (although my idea is to have a single source or battery for both servos to the Arduino)

In the breadboard I have only 4 such as temporary.

I am accompanied by a powerbank 2 outputs 5v, as I understand it is 2A, and 9000mAh.
I can get another if necessary.

If you could help me with this I would be grateful, since I have sensors that are also on the same idea, but for now I just need to fight these servos: v

ah! Servo operated 5v according to datasheet, and the barter to be continuous rotation.

Sorry, I’m new in this of electronica, as it is not my area of ​​work but I am quite interested in the subject.

Here is the “plot” in fritzing :smiley:

pokerface.zip (5.61 KB)

You should use a power supply that is capable of supplying one ampere per servo, for as many servos as are active at one time.

If all 8 servos are active at once, you should purchase a 5 or 6V, 8 ampere power supply.

jremington:
You should use a power supply that is capable of supplying one ampere per servo, for as many servos as are active at one time.

If all 8 servos are active at once, you should purchase a 5 or 6V, 8 ampere power supply.

I know Jeremington, because each servo mg996r if I'm not mistaken consumes 500mA, as are four such servos , then 500ma * 4servos = 2000mA = 2A ( and powerbank or external supports :smiley: , mah if I mistake not serious for that may be moving enough time or as needed) ) , but now ... this probe scheme on the breadboard , and the servos ( despite the fact that this Arduino GND shared ground source ) only walk turning , never stop ....

Servos through the barter precision potentiometers 10k each leaving zero point or the point where the servos are not moving in 90 ° (this did feeding the servo with the Arduino , I know, is not recommended but in that time had no option ) , and run , send signals of 30 ° , 100 ° and perfect, if handle 90 ° stop (one by one course) : D , but now that the food source not just walk round and round then only one servo probe GND for power sharing and arduino , like , still turning ....
What am I doing wrong? :frowning:

if I'm not mistaken consumes 500mA

You are mistaken.

Servos consume variable amounts of current, depending on the load. The datasheet for the MG996R states that it consumes up to 900 mA during normal operation. However, the most important characteristic is the stall current, which for the MG996R is 2.5 amperes.

So, the 8 amperes I mentioned above will handle only about four MG996R servos, and underestimates the total required current capability of the power supply.

mosh79:
If you could help me with this I would be grateful, since I have sensors that are also on the same idea, but for now I just need to fight these servos: v

Did I miss the question?

Servos can draw a surprising amount of power. The 500mA figure might be a good "average" value but when many (most?) servos start to move, they draw a lot more current than 500mA.

Here are some recent threads discussing powering servos.

DuaneDegn:
Did I miss the question?

Servos can draw a surprising amount of power. The 500mA figure might be a good "average" value but when many (most?) servos start to move, they draw a lot more current than 500mA.

Here are some recent threads discussing powering servos.

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=366517.0

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=370762.0

Servo Array + BT PS3 Controller Feasability - Project Guidance - Arduino Forum

perhaps even think that you are the servomotors ... souped because after you make them , are only now Geared motors .... but they can be treated as servos , so that when you send a certain angle , which is actually is sent to the engine speed ...... as a good torque as required , they became servo motors with gearbox ....
to clarify....

ah ! 2 servo probe SG90 ungimmicked with the same connection and luxury walk ... but with servos (now gearbox engines only ) do not work , just go round and round :frowning: