Help Identifying This LCD

I would like to use this LCD with my Arduino. I have researched for a couple of hours today trying to find some specs on it but have had no luck. Below is a link to the pictures on Photobucket. If anyone can shed any light on where to find a datasheet or Ideas on how to figure out what is what on this thing I would really appreciate it!
If this isn't the best place for this post, I understand, please suggest somewhere I might find some answers.

It's clearly a custom module. No datasheet or reference to a WDN product line exists.

Your only hope is that you can figure out which controller it uses. Check their page and start going down the list.

Thats what I thought. Unfortunately, the controller is a hard black blob with no markings. :roll_eyes:
Thanks for the input.

modsbyus:
Thats what I thought. Unfortunately, the controller is a hard black blob with no markings. :roll_eyes:
Thanks for the input.

If you look at their list of graphic LCDs you will see the list of controllers is not infinite. There is a 95% chance they used one of those controllers in this device. If you were really determined you could try those.

That is the next step then. I have never done anything like this before. I have always used 'known' equipment. Should be fun. Thanks

WDN0224-PIL-#00 is what the sticker says, but the board says it 0223 revision 0 , so realistically it could be a WDN0223-AIL-#00
This may be dubious , because the real information is covered by the little stickers all i see is "bdn0223" which is board number 0223.

Pls peel off the stickers, as there only rebadges from the seller & not the manafacturer.

JB_AU:
WDN0224-PIL-#00 is what the sticker says, but the board says it 0223 revision 0 , so realistically it could be a WDN0223-AIL-#00
This may be dubious , because the real information is covered by the little stickers all i see is "bdn0223" which is board number 0223.

Pls peel off the stickers, as there only rebadges from the seller & not the manafacturer.

"bdn0223" is "pbdn0223" Thats all that was under the stickers.

There is so little information out there, i would hestitate to guess that most Winstar boards use the SED1335/SED1330F/SED1565
It's a starting point, sorry i can't help more.

I am viewing Winstars main repository, can you take the lcd out of the frame & check its marking or measure the lcd dimensions ?

That's an LCD from a UPS system, it's proprietary.
from Tripp Lite SMART1000LCD 1000VA UPS
http://www.tripplite.com/en/products/model.cfm?txtModelID=3071

the LCD have masked-off special symbols like the one on most UPS, things like a battery meter, flashing fault indicators, etc., unless of course that's part of your design goals.

so your first goal is to determine the power leads and whether it communicates serially or gets its data on a parallel bus, though the ten pin connector points to parallel. If you still have the UPS maybe you can see what interface is on the motherboard.

See reply #7

BillHo:
That's an LCD from a UPS system, it's proprietary.
from Tripp Lite SMART1000LCD 1000VA UPS
http://www.tripplite.com/en/products/model.cfm?txtModelID=3071

the LCD have masked-off special symbols like the one on most UPS, things like a battery meter, flashing fault indicators, etc., unless of course that's part of your design goals.

so your first goal is to determine the power leads and whether it communicates serially or gets its data on a parallel bus, though the ten pin connector points to parallel. If you still have the UPS maybe you can see what interface is on the motherboard.

Thank you. I suspected this may be the case. I do not want the custom masked off symbols. I just looked at mine, and it looks like it has them. I guess Ill just find a different LCD. Thanks everyone for your help.