Help please .... avr-basic-computer

Ok so this is what im trying to do AVR BASIC Computer V0.1 | Hackaday.io

My first issue was i look up spieeprom.h and sepieeprom.cpp and open it in notepad++ …look for #include <WProgram.h> and change it to #include <Arduino.h>

#include <Arduino.h> is sapose to set up older stuff i think???

now that i fixed that error i get this one …

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 7), Board: “ATmega1284, Standard, 1284P, 2.7v, Disabled (default), 16 MHz external”

In file included from C:\Users\Messcommand\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\MightyCore\hardware\avr\2.0.1\cores\MCUdude_corefiles/Arduino.h:28:0,

from sketch\AVR_BASIC_Computer_V0.1.ino.cpp:1:

AVR_BASIC_Computer_V0.1:309:33: error: variable ‘keywords’ must be const in order to be put into read-only section by means of ‘attribute((progmem))’

static unsigned char keywords PROGMEM = {

^

AVR_BASIC_Computer_V0.1:401:33: error: variable ‘func_tab’ must be const in order to be put into read-only section by means of ‘attribute((progmem))’

static unsigned char func_tab PROGMEM = {

^

AVR_BASIC_Computer_V0.1:416:31: error: variable ‘to_tab’ must be const in order to be put into read-only section by means of ‘attribute((progmem))’

static unsigned char to_tab PROGMEM = {

^

AVR_BASIC_Computer_V0.1:421:33: error: variable ‘step_tab’ must be const in order to be put into read-only section by means of ‘attribute((progmem))’

static unsigned char step_tab PROGMEM = {

^

AVR_BASIC_Computer_V0.1:426:34: error: variable ‘relop_tab’ must be const in order to be put into read-only section by means of ‘attribute((progmem))’

static unsigned char relop_tab PROGMEM = {

^

AVR_BASIC_Computer_V0.1:446:36: error: variable ‘highlow_tab’ must be const in order to be put into read-only section by means of ‘attribute((progmem))’

static unsigned char highlow_tab PROGMEM = {

^

exit status 1
variable ‘keywords’ must be const in order to be put into read-only section by means of ‘attribute((progmem))’

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File → Preferences.

Im told its just super old code and it will not compile on the new software....

is this the code your tried? GitHub - fakufaku/mighty-1284p: Mighty 1284P Platform for Arduino GitHub - BleuLlama/TinyBasicPlus: A C implementation of Tiny Basic, with a focus on support for Arduino

if not please also post the code you are working with... not just the compilation errors! :wink:

sherzaad:
is this the code your tried? GitHub - fakufaku/mighty-1284p: Mighty 1284P Platform for Arduino

if not please also post the code you are working with… not just the compilation errors! :wink:

this is the file for the code …

Single_Chip_Computer.ino (45.6 KB)

Kilroywashere:
this is the file for the code ....

ok... the link I posted appear to be a later version (kVersion "v0.15") and was last updated in 2018!

I guess you could have a go with the newer one first and see what error (if any) you still come up with...

I did not see a code on that github page ? am i blind?

what did i miss?

Kilroywashere:
I did not see a code on that github page ? am i blind?

what did i miss?

SORRY! posted the wrong link! :stuck_out_tongue:

have a look at this one: GitHub - BleuLlama/TinyBasicPlus: A C implementation of Tiny Basic, with a focus on support for Arduino

sherzaad:
SORRY! posted the wrong link! :stuck_out_tongue:

have a look at this one: GitHub - BleuLlama/TinyBasicPlus: A C implementation of Tiny Basic, with a focus on support for Arduino

There is a code here for basic .... but it does not have the tv out and the ps/2 keybord....

Is this something i will have to add myself? the basic code does verify unlike the old code with the tv out and keybord

Kilroywashere:
There is a code here for basic .... but it does not have the tv out and the ps/2 keybord....

Is this something i will have to add myself? the basic code does verify unlike the old code with the tv out and keybord

if you know that you doing sure why not! (it is a future task listed in the README!) :slight_smile:

probably as a first step i guess it would be a matter of identfiying the "tv out and the ps/2 keybord" codes/libraries in v0.14 and add then the v0.15 and see if it still compiles.

EDIT: Before that, I would suggest you check the code actually runs some of the example programs listed

Good Luck!

there is tiny basic on this and eeexplorer codes.. but no tvout and keybord??

""The standard TinyBASIC Plus sketch had to be modified in order to create a standalone computer system. The unmodified version of TinyBASIC Plus uses the serial port of the AVR to allow users to interact with the software and create programs. I imported the TVout library and replaced all serial output calls (Serial.write() etc) with TVout calls (TV.print() etc). The standard PS/2 keyboard library clashes with TVout causing strange output to be shown on the TV and the keyboard not being read correctly but, after some research, I came across a library known as PS2uartKeyboard which uses the XCK0 pin and RX0 pin of an AVR to connect to the keyboard in order to allow a PS/2 keyboard to work with the TVout library. """

prob is i dont really know what im doing

Kilroywashere:
there is tiny basic on this and eeexplorer codes.. but no tvout and keybord??

""The standard TinyBASIC Plus sketch had to be modified in order to create a standalone computer system. The unmodified version of TinyBASIC Plus uses the serial port of the AVR to allow users to interact with the software and create programs. I imported the TVout library and replaced all serial output calls (Serial.write() etc) with TVout calls (TV.print() etc). The standard PS/2 keyboard library clashes with TVout causing strange output to be shown on the TV and the keyboard not being read correctly but, after some research, I came across a library known as PS2uartKeyboard which uses the XCK0 pin and RX0 pin of an AVR to connect to the keyboard in order to allow a PS/2 keyboard to work with the TVout library. """

prob is i dont really know what im doing

As much as I would love to dig into this project, I unfortunatley do not have the luxury of time or the hardware to work on it.

You may have more luck if you move this post (report to moderator to move it there) to "Gigs and Collaborations" but be ready that you may be ask to pay by whoever would take up your request