Help pls, Triggered Capacitive sensor(Touch Sensor TTP223B). #ArduinoInput

Hello

For my project, i buy touch sensor (TTP223b). But this module cant always read input (which is when i touch the sensor) in long period.

So i need this capacitive sensor always read the input because i wanna use it for my brake system. (when i touch the handle in motor cycle then the brake not actived and when i realese the handle then the brake will actived)

I wish when i touch the sensor it will always give HIGH not like the pics in attachment :smiley:
(Always High when i touch the sensor for long time till i untouch it)

btw i keep thinking what i should do, if i wanna make touch sensor wider to cover the handle in motorcycle :smiley: (like i use foil to cover handle then connect it with the sensor but idk how :o )

Pls help me :D, and thank you :slight_smile:

I attach the touch sensor module and the screenshoot from my arduino serial monitor, hope it will help :smiley:

TTP223 modules won’t stay triggered for long, and how can i make this sensor always triggered for long, thats the point of my problem :smiley:

TTP223 modules won't stay triggered for long, and how can i make this sensor always triggered for long, thats the point of my problem :smiley:

{How can i make Touch Sensor which is always trigger when i touch it and give HIGH, and when i dont touch it it will not triggered or give "LOW".

I already buy "TTP223B" as touch sensor module for arduino but that sensor cant always trigger when i touch (it will give HIGH when i touch it till 5-6 seconds and it will give LOW until next triggered)
Maybe thats because Auto Callibrating Mode from the IC in that module.

{
So can i remove auto calibrating in ttp223B or make it more longer like 1 hours maybe :smiley:
OR Can i buy another touch sensor which is always trigger in long times, maybe 30 minutes ?
OR How can i build touch sensor which always trigger when i touch it (atleast 30 minutes) :smiley:
}

Thank you for ur HELP, this project really important for me :DD, PLS Help Me :confused: :confused: }

I “think” you want to be able to touch the switch and it to stay energised fit say 30mins .
You can do this part in your Arduino sketch , by programming an output to go high for , say 30mins after the switch operates .
Look at blink without delay and adapt that

The sensor should go HIGH when touched, LOW when not touched. That's what the sensor is supposed to do.

If you want the action of a single touch to last for longer than the actual touch, you do this in software. Record when the press happened, and continue your action for the desired length of time.

wvmarle:
The sensor should go HIGH when touched, LOW when not touched. That's what the sensor is supposed to do.

If you want the action of a single touch to last for longer than the actual touch, you do this in software. Record when the press happened, and continue your action for the desired length of time.

hammy:
I “think” you want to be able to touch the switch and it to stay energised fit say 30mins .
You can do this part in your Arduino sketch , by programming an output to go high for , say 30mins after the switch operates .
Look at blink without delay and adapt that

No, i only want the sensor go HIGH when i touch the sensor, but the problem is the sensor keep recalibrating or maybe other reasons. So when i touch the sensor, it will give HIGH for 5-6 seconds and go to LOW even when i still touch it (it will HIGH again if i retouch or move my finger then every 5-6s they will do the same) :confused:

I see.
I have them, but never noticed that kind of behaviour - don't have those sensors at hand now (my toolkit is on the other end of the continent), but in a few days I will be playing with them and maybe can try this out. Not sure as they're built into a project already :slight_smile: