Help with access control using RFID

Hello guys!

So i'm relatively new to arduino and i've just done a few basic projects on it. I'm planning on doing Access control using RFID technology and need a bit of help from you guys.

So i basically want to integrate the EM-18 RFID reader and tags into arduino and want to open a door and display the name of the tag holder and time logged on in a LCD display.

So apart from EM-18 RFID reader i'm going to use DS3231 real time clock module to create a time stamp during login. and for the output i'll basically use a motor to turn a piece of cardboard, just to show that when a tag is read and accepted the motor starts working. and if a tag Id isn't detected it should display Access denied.

So I have the basic idea in mind but don't know how to move forward. If anyone game give me a direction on what more components ill be needing and how to go on about this, I'd be grateful.

Thank you in advance.

Search the forum for similar threads.

Break the project down into manageable chunks .
Write something to get the RFID but working . Seperately get the clock working. Similar for working the LCD.
If you can make seperate procedures for these ( you might have to learn that bit) toucan then look at assembling the parts together .