Help with LPD6803S RGB LED Strips.

I am relatively new to the circuit based world i am mainly a programmer but i wanted to start making stuff with the arduino so i could program it. I have successfully created a circuit to control non-addressable LEDs. When i bought the new addressable LEDs i hooked them up the arduino the way that various places have said i put the grd and 12v to the grd and vin on the Arduino Uno and the put the Di and Ci to the 2 and 3 Digital in ports on the Uno. I then tried several different code bases and tutorials on getting the code to just light up the strip. But every time it did not work. The closest i got was it started flashing random colors on all the led parts for a few seconds then went white and stayed white. the leds will start at random colors depending on code base i choose or start all white. I am not sure what to do next. If anyone could give me some help i would be greatly appreciated.

Some specs:
Microcontroller: Arduino Uno
LED Strip: LPD6803S (link to where i bought them)
Power Supply: 12v DC wall/Vin on the Uno

Code bases that i have tried:
LEDStream
LPD6803-RGP-PIXELS
LPD8806
FastSPI_LED

Thanks

According to LPD6803 LED Strip with FastSPI_LED and Arduino - YouTube you need FastSPI_LED v1 (the older version)

This is an older type of LED strip.

Do happen to know where i download this version everything im finding has it as deprecated and not supported.

Just in case anyone else comes across this problem i finally figured it out using the attached zip file. I believe this is the FastSPI_LED v1

FastSPI_LED.zip (23.2 KB)

tag104367:
Just in case anyone else comes across this problem i finally figured it out using the attached zip file. I believe this is the FastSPI_LED v1

Thank you. I Have also the LPD6803 but I want to use an "Nano" board to pilot.
Have you idea what pin use ? have you used also CLOCK cable ? Have you your running code for me ?