Help with the wiring and programming of this robot

Alright so, After taking some programming classes last year, I got to know the arduino and the protoboard, aswell as the arduino’s IDE and basic programming.

The thing is, I dont remember everything. I didnt have many ideas for this year’s science fair (Im forced to enter by the school) and I figured out I could use the robot I had un-assembled.

I need help to wire 2 Electric engines (Not servos nor step-step) and the most basic code to manipulate the movement of the robot.

(Im using an Arduino Uno)

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Image from Original Post so we don’t have to download it. See Image Guide

bdba2a6504c32fce9e68c7bb64d99cda15582396.jpg

…R

You need to have some form of motor driver between the Arduino and the motors. Are they included in the kit, and if so what are they?

Are there any sensors in the kit so the robot can avoid colliding with things?

Perhaps you can post a link to the datasheet or manual for the kit which has a list of its parts.

...R

Will send them as soon as I get home.

I have 2 H bridges, a whole lot of cables and various resistors.

So, the guide/manual just tells you how to assemble the wooden robot, but I can tell you everything I have at my disposal:

-Enough cables
-1 L293NE H-Bridge
-1 B5K Potentiometer
-Various transistors
-2 DC Electric engines
-1 Protoboard
-1 Arduino Uno

So what I need is to be able to get the engines wired up in the protoboard properly so programming can begin.

I hope that helps.

Hi,

I could use the robot I had un-assembled.

Has the un-assembled robot got a circuit diagram with it?
Thanks..Tom.... :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, no.

But I did find a website were I think I found what I needed.

(I dont have motor drivers)

http://shallowsky.com/blog/hardware/cheap-motors-with-arduino.html

GarrisonFord:
Unfortunately, no.

But I did find a website were I think I found what I needed.

(I dont have motor drivers)

http://shallowsky.com/blog/hardware/cheap-motors-with-arduino.html

Do you or don't you? You said earlier you had an L293 - technically, that's a motor driver in the form of a dual h-bridge IC.

If you really do have that, then you should be able to follow the instructions at that link (or tons of others out there - this IC is very common, very old, and very well documented.

Of course, once you have the motors working, you then need to figure out some way for the robot to sense it's environment...

I do have the H-bridge, and will try what is on that page, since its quite similar to how we built the robot last year (I think).

I do have an ultrasonic sensor, but the robot will be running on flat surfaces, so no use for that… As the course is quite small, I was planning on adjusting the run times on each motor to do the course.

Thanks