Hi I need an explanation on arduino leonardo schematic..

Hi :slight_smile:
I need an explanation on arduino leonardo schematic.
I need to understand every single thing in the schematic.

Please help me…

arduino-leonardo-schematic_3b.pdf (38.1 KB)

Hi

Perhaps you could help us narrow down the response by telling us specifically what it is you don’t understand?

Geoff

OP: DO [u]NOT[/u] CROSS POST.

Duplicate post deleted.

I need to understand every single thing in the schematic.

You have to be joking.

shailee: Hi :) I need an explanation on arduino leonardo schematic. I need to understand every single thing in the schematic.

Best post ever!

sorry I'll explain myself.. I am studying electronics in college and I do a final project. In my project I use arduino leonardo. I need to know the internal structure, (all of entry and exit, how USB works, the reset batton, etc.) Because i will be examined for it.

So in answer to my question posed in #1, you don't understand anything you see in the schematic at this time?

The atmega32U4 Datasheet I understand.
I need to understand in the schematic all the other things…
What is the role of each capacitor, diode, amplifier etc’…

Hi,

I think you need to think of it in functional blocks, and then look into what each is doing in that block. For example in the datasheet it explains why the diode, resistor and caps exist at the reset pin, and anything else that surrounds the microcontroller itself like the crystal and its resistors.

With a bit of google-fu you'll also find explanations of other blocks, like this conversation about the ESD protection near the USB input from the EEVblog forum.

Grabbing the datasheet of each component in a block (like the 5V autoselector say) will soon unravel what each is there for granted it explains what the function of that block is.

Enjoy your quest, Geoff

Grabbing the datasheet of each component in a block (like the 5V autoselector say) will soon unravel what each is there for granted it explains what the function of that block is.

That would depend on how you interpret the word ‘soon’.
In my experience I have found that most datasheets are designed for the use of experienced engineers or technicians and, for the most part, are almost undecipherable for most beginners. There is so much ‘stuff’ there that it is hard for them to find what they need.

Here’s what I came up with several years ago for the UNO autoselector circuit, the Leonardo looks similar. How much of that is available in the datasheets?

Don