How can I change the I2C Address of MPU9150

Hi,

I have problems changing the I2C address of my MPU9150. I have connected AD0 of the breakout board to 3V3. After that I used the I2C scanner sketch to scan for my device but the serial monitor just shows:

I2C Scanner
Scanning...

The Arduino sketch shows

Arduino9150 starting using device 1

in the serial monitor.

I really appreciate any help to solve my problem.

Kind regards

So are you powering it with 3V3, have you got pull up resistor's to 3V3 and are you using an I2C libary that allows you to turn off the internal pull up resistors to 5V?

I power the MPU9150 with 3V3, the pull up resistors are on the Sparkfun breakout board. Everything works fine when i am using the default address 0x68. I have to change the address to 0x69 because i want to use a chronodot which can only use 0x68.

You will have to supply more information.

the pull up resistors are on the Sparkfun breakout board.

Please supply a link to what you are using. It sounds like you need to do something more than just

I have connected AD0 of the breakout board to 3V3.

The Sparkfun circuit diagram shows that the AD0 pin is connected to ground. I presume that the symbol implies that you can cut this trace and connect to +3v3 if you wish. Did you cut the trace? If not, you've got a problem because you are grounding the 3v3 supply.

Pete

I am assuming you are using the Sparkfun board. On the front side of the board (the side with the IC) there is a white rectangle labeled AD0. Inside that rectangle you have to clean off the solder blob between the center pin and the side pin and put another blob of solder between the center pin and the pin on the other side. If you put solder in both places you will short circuit your power supply.

Don

Thank you all very much for your fast help. The problem was the solder blob. Now everything is working fine :slight_smile: