MPU9250 I AM 0x0 I should be 0x71. Could not connect to MPU9250 (Pro Mini 3v)

Hi Everyone

I read through all the posts and for the life of me I can't figure this out.

I have a sparkfun mpu9250, i see it as i2c address 0x68 on the scanner but i can't seem to get the example code to work.

I changed the following line:
byte c = myIMU.readByte(0x68, WHO_AM_I_MPU9250); to reflect the address but still no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT:
I also tried pulling the CS pin high to no avail

Has anyone ever faced a similar issue? Any help would be much appreciated

MPU9250BasicAHRS_I2C.ino (20.4 KB)

antpgomes:
Hi Everyone

I read through all the posts and for the life of me I can't figure this out.

I have a sparkfun mpu9250, i see it as i2c address 0x68 on the scanner but i can't seem to get the example code to work.

I changed the following line:
byte c = myIMU.readByte(0x68, WHO_AM_I_MPU9250); to reflect the address but still no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT:

Has anyone ever faced a similar issue? Any help would be much appreciated

This is great that you can see the i2c address on the scanner. this means that it will work.

**Be warned the htis board from sparkfun is not 5V tolerant it requires 3.3v supply!!! **
Sparkfun:

The MPU-9250 breakout board runs on 3.3 VDC, so a 3.3V USB to UART bridge such as the SparkFun FTDI Basic Breakout - 3.3V or the SparkFun Beefy 3 - FTDI Basic Breakout can be used to power and bridge communication with a micro controller. In this case an Arduino Pro Mini 328 - 3.3V/8MHz was chosen so logic level translation isn’t needed.

Hoolk the VDD pin to the 3.3V supply on your arduino UNO !!!
The i2c pins are pulled up to 3.3V and so they can be connected directly to the UNO's i2c connection. i2c works by pulsing the voltage to ground when sending data and releasing it to the pull up voltage whatever that is. so even though the pins are 5V on the arduino 5v will never be present when using them as i2c communication.
CS is already pulled high to 3.3v so it is not an issue.

Spark Fun breakout schematic

Placed my Calibration code for my 9255 just uses a different magnetometer chip but should work just the same.
See Attached
Let me know if this code works?
Z

MPU-9255Cal.ino (44.7 KB)