How can I flash a program to an MWC ATMega328p MPU6050w/USB Board?

Hi Guys,

Feel free to ignore my babble...

I am new to this forum (and board programming). I am a mechanical engineer by trade but unfortunately have little experience in the programming/electronic side of engineering, although I am competent with Matlab (not much help!)

I have decided that I need to learn programming with the way the world is going (and for fun!)

Anyway to the question:

I have bought the pictured components with the aim of creating a gyro camera for my motorbike like the ones in motogp. Obviously these are far more advanced than anything I am likely to achieve but its worth a shot right?

I started out by buying an UNO and a 6050 to try and get some data from. this worked fine, but then I found the board in the title which seemed to have everything I need on one chip... at £6 I thought why not give it a go!

Essentially, I have had no problem with flashing to the Uno and getting raw data off the 6050 but I would like to know how to flash to the MWC board and do the same!

Does anyone has any information about this board? If anyone can help me I would be most grateful!

Thanks,

Anthony

25008.jpg

25008-1.jpg

What non-Arduino board do you want to upload code to?

Post a link to its datasheet.

...R

but then I found the board in the title

"the board in the title" is "a non-Arduino board". That tells us NOTHING. Not even the color.

Hi Paul, Robin

I apologise,

This is the board:

MWC ATMega328p MPU6050w/USB

I can't find a data sheet for it anywhere sadly!

Thanks,

Anthony

Is this what you are talking about. First thing Google found.

It looks like the board has space for a 6 pin programming header like is on a Mega.

I recommend more work with Google.

...R

Hi Robin,

That is the board I have, and I did see that link before posting, but it didn't supply me with a data sheet, or any method of uploading a sketch to it.

Also, most of the links on that page don't work unfortunately.

Thanks

Anthony

guitarcarrot:
Also, most of the links on that page don't work unfortunately.

And what about the other 3,910 pages that Google found ?

Unless you find the underlying information it will be hard to help.

And your title does not tell Forum readers the name of the product you have a problem with, so, even if someone knows the answer they probably won't relate it to your question. If you modify your original post you can change the title.

...R

Ok,

What underlying information do I need?

Thanks,

Anthony

Does it have a bootloader?

Windows registers it when I plug it in, how would I determine if it has a boot loader burnt?

guitarcarrot:
What underlying information do I need?

This information ? (your original Post ?)

but I would like to know how to flash to the MWC board and do the same!

Or, more specifically, the programming specs for that board.

At the moment your question is a bit like "How do I change the plugs in a Spitfire". And I am saying - get the Spitfire maintenance manual so we can all read it and see how to help you.

...R

It looks to have a CP2102 USB to serial chip on it. It seems to possibly have a ISP connector(but I might be wrong :slight_smile: ) if you look at the attached picture. You might want to find out if the CP2102 is connected to the hardware UART on the ATMEGA.

25008 (1).jpg