How can I make the arduino create editor waste less screen space?

I'm on a laptop, so there isn't much room. Is there a way to hide the left bar and the line numbers? Also, the grey bar at the bottom takes up space too. The fullscreen text editor just isn't good enough. Any fixes?

Have you played with the settings under File:Preferences?
You can also manipulate the preferences.txt manually if you find a setting you think will make a difference. Restart the IDE after making a change manually.

Oh - the Create Editor. Never tried it. I code on a laptop with the downloaded IDE.

You can easily size many of the parts and even collapse them.

If you place your cursor near the divider lines you will see it become a double headed arrow to size the sections

Some parts also have a tiny "X" that you can use to close them too.

Unfortunately some areas cannot be reduced completely.

Hi @thelastprime,
you have a fullscreen button in the top right of the editor area. See attached image

@smellai Did you even read my question? I said the fullscreen editor isn't good enough.

@thelastprime.

I double and triple read your Q.

Just wonder what are you using the editor on screen wise / OS wise etc. that would make it no good ?
What is your current resolution and do you have any extra tool bars in your browser that take up extra screen etc etc.

Tell you what could you please read this post and add some more pertinent information.