How does arduino communication between uno R4 wifi and uno R3 work?

I actually need your help a bit. I'm working on a school project but I'm completely stuck with the coding. Can anyone explain how I can establish communication (wired) between an Arduino UNO R4 WiFi and an Arduino R3? and can they send digital signals such as (1 == HIGH)? THANK YOU!

You could connect an output pin on one side to an input pin on the other side (and GND) and use that to signal something (being careful with 5V versus 3.3V) or use a Serial connection

Why do You need two arduino ?

mrc

Welcome @klaasvm_arduino . Posting the same question in 2 separate places in the forum will very likely attract the attention of the moderators. It will quite likely result in confusion for you as each discussion will be unaware of the other and the advice you have been given.

Cross-posting is against the Arduino forum rules. The reason is that duplicate posts can waste the time of the people trying to help. Someone might spend a lot of time investigating and writing a detailed answer on one topic, without knowing that someone else already did the same in the other topic.

Please create one topic only for your question and choose the forum category carefully. If you have multiple questions about the same project then please ask your questions in the one topic as the answers to one question provide useful context for the others, and also you won’t have to keep explaining your project repeatedly.

Repeated duplicate posting could result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forum.

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum. It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

Thank you.

Connect them by Serial.

You can send anything you can Serial.print