how to amplify 3.3V to 10V with fast slew rate (1V/ns)?

i tried using OP AMP but didn't find any with such slew rate, also i was looking for other ways such as JEFET Amplifiers but couldn't find such thing,

please let me know how to solve this?

Use 2 discrete transistors. Will have to experiment with resistor values and transistors used.
For example, these values should provide ~30mA of drive current into the bases for fast turn on.
1V/nS = 10V/10nS = 1 GHz switching speed?
Might look at RF transistors, and lower the currents as needed to not exceed the Absolute Maximums:
http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?FV=fff40015%2Cfff802c2%2C1140050%2C1280001&k=npn&mnonly=0&newproducts=0&ColumnSort=1000011&page=1&stock=1&pbfree=0&rohs=0&quantity=&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize=25

CrossRoads:
Use 2 discrete transistors. Will have to experiment with resistor values and transistors used.
For example, these values should provide ~30mA of drive current into the bases for fast turn on.
Might look at RF transistors, and lower the currents as needed to not exceed the Absolute Maximums:
http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?FV=fff40015%2Cfff802c2%2C1140050%2C1280001&k=npn&mnonly=0&newproducts=0&ColumnSort=1000011&page=1&stock=1&pbfree=0&rohs=0&quantity=&ptm=0&fid=0&pageSize=25

thank you, i will try this

Video opamp ought to do it, but the wide voltage range seems to be an issue - quite a few amps
can go to 1800V/us or similar but not for 10V swing, for instance:
http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1882969.pdf

For low gain high speed DC amp the series-shunt pair is probably the best circuit from what I
remember from Horowitz and Hill: Shunt Series Pair Wideband Amplifier – Electronic Circuit Diagram

CrossRoads:

Assuming a first order system (single time constant) the 3 dB bandwidth is given by:
f3dB = 0.35/tr
so you are looking at 35 MHz bandwidth for a 10 nS rise time - not so bad.

Are you looking for an amplifier or a switching circuit? They are very different.

What is your application?

Russell.

russellz:
Assuming a first order system (single time constant) the 3 dB bandwidth is given by:
f3dB = 0.35/tr
so you are looking at 35 MHz bandwidth for a 10 nS rise time - not so bad.

Are you looking for an amplifier or a switching circuit? They are very different.

What is your application?

Russell.

i need to use this in a communication system that use LVTTL (or 0V to 3.3V) and to increas the voltage level to (0V to 10V) and this whole thing need to be fast as i specified.

You don't say what you're driving but a SN7417 open collector hex buffer with pull up resistors on the outputs should do the job. Have a look at the data sheet.

Russell

KobiAflalo:
i tried using OP AMP but didn't find any with such slew rate, also i was looking for other ways such as JEFET Amplifiers but couldn't find such thing,

please let me know how to solve this?

THS4631

LT1363

1 volt/ns Slew
10 Volt Output

russellz:
You don't say what you're driving but a SN7417 open collector hex buffer with pull up resistors on the outputs should do the job. Have a look at the data sheet.

Russell

I could not find the Slew Rating for a SN7417.
SN7417

I did notice that Worst Case Propagation Delay = 30ns for a 5 volt signal.

And I don't see how a pull-up resistor will generate a 1v/ns Slew Rate
when transitioning from Low-to-High unless
both the Pull-Up Resistor and the CLoad are very, very small.