How to get more individually addressable LED pins

Hello!
I'm really new to Arduino and coding and stuff so this might be a dumb question.
I want to build some led candles, which are controlled with an Arduino board (I want to do animations with the LEDs :stuck_out_tongue: ). I would like for all the LEDs to be individually addressable. I was thinking of using Arduino UNO, but there are only 6 PWM pins. I would like to have around 20-30 LEDs, that are individually addressable.
How can I get more PWM pins to control more LEDs? Or is there a board, that has more PWN pins?
I tried to google it, but couldn't find anything useful. If there already is a post about this, a link would be appreciated. :smiley:
Silver

either a SX1509, there are even some SX1509 backpacks available, or you consider some kind of Neopixels. These are available as APA106 in a common 5mm LED form also. OK, they are RGB, but very easy to control and very easy to wire

noiasca:
or you consider some kind of Neopixels. These are available as APA106 in a common 5mm LED form also.

Oh, didn’t know there were individual neopixels like that. Thanks for your help!!!

Sure are!

You can have them either pre-mounted on PCB chips with the 0.1 µF capacitor and series protective resistor

or bare chips:

or 5 mm LEDs:

If you want to stick with ordinary PWM, you can use something like Adafruit's 16-Channel 12-bit PWM/Servo Shield.

Sparkfun carries RGB LEDs in thru hole in different sizes (3,5,8,10mm diameter), and also versions that will cycle thru colors themselves.
https://www.sparkfun.com/search/results?term=rgb+led