How to give and control small electric shocks

Hello,

First I am very new to arduino and I have a very little knowledge of electronics. The idea of the project is : when you say a particular word you receive a little electric shock, to create a kind of conditioning. I already have a program in Javascript that knows when you say a word, and connect it to the arduino with johnny 5. For now, each time I say some particular words, a LED light on.

So now I want to replace this LED with "something" that could give a little electric shock to the user. I saw some projects with pens that work with a piece electric lighters but it works mecanically so I don't think I can adapt it to my project.

I am looking for something not too difficult to get working for a beginner like me (although I want to learn and I will but I will not become an expert quickly). If it doesn't work very well it's not a problem, for now I would like to make a prototype.

Do you have any ideas of feasible solutions ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHSVKuHqyKE

Shocking people is a very dangerous idea and should be discarded. What may be a "little" shock to one person, could electrocute someone else, or possibly not even felt.

Body resistance is not constant. Everyone's resistance changes constantly due to environmental, psychological, and physical conditions at the moment.

Use some other conditioning mechanism, please!!!

Thanks for your answers but I don't ask you what you think of my project but if you have any idea to help me to make it. If you think the project doesn't have any interest, just don't answer ;) It will not be a prank, people who will test it will be aware of what they are doing.

What I want to reproduce is something like in these pens that use a piece of electric lighters.

but I don't ask you what you think of my project but if you have any idea to help me to make it.

That is not how it works round here. If you have a stupid or dangerous project, you get advice about it. Any other course of action would be a dereliction of duty on our part.

Don't be stupid and play with dangerous things you have no idea about. You are the one asking for help so correct your attitude.

neiya: What I want to reproduce is something like in these pens that use a piece of electric lighters.

Like joke electric lighters i suspect.

You are unlikely to get help here for safety reasons.

While i do not doubt that you do not wish to cause harm. If you had the relevant knowledge you would not have to ask here anyway. These sort of questions have come up before.

EDIT

Mike beat me to it

Grumpy_Mike: That is not how it works round here. If you have a stupid or dangerous project, you get advice about it.

UMM , syntax eroor ? :)

neiya:
It will not be a prank, people who will test it will be aware of what they are doing.

Lets imagine if someone gave you a Gizmo and they told you it will give you an electric shock, but its perfectly safe because although you have no knowledge of electronics, you found information on how to build it in the Internet.

What would your reaction be ?

I am a student in a master degree and I have very good teachers that can help me, but they’re not always here so I try to find help elsewhere, especially during the holidays.

I try to learn by myself, as I self-learned programming thanks to an amazing online community that never call me an idiot, but it seems this place is not a good one. Keep your knowledge for you if it makes you feel more intelligent.

neiya: I am a student in a master degree and I have very good teachers that can help me, but they're not always here so I try to find help elsewhere, especially during the holidays.

I try to learn by myself, as I self-learned programming thanks to an amazing online community that never call me an idiot, but it seems this place is not a good one. Keep your knowledge for you if it makes you feel more intelligent.

You may be exactly what you have written, but we don't know. You may be a terrorist trying to develop some deadly device to fatally shock people.

Paul

neiya: Do you have any ideas of feasible solutions ?

How about using a small vibrating motor like cellphone do.

neiya: I am a student in a master degree and I have very good teachers that can help me, but they're not always here so I try to find help elsewhere, especially during the holidays.

Being a student, you may not be aware that if your device does kill someone because they had a pace-maker that shorted our, or has a blood vessle stint surgery and that either broke and failed, or heated and failed, the LAWYERS would sue everyone.

there was a guy who borrowed his neighobes lawnmower, then set up a ladder and hand carried the running mower up the ladder to trim the hedges, when he fell and the lawn mower chewed him up.

he sued the neighbor and the lawn mower manufacture.

You want help to create a device that has the poential for permanent scaring burns, or death.

We are responsible enough to point out to you that your idea can be life threatening.

You can ignore our advice, that is your choice.

Imagine your toy device being in someone's pocket when they are driving and they get that small shock, drive off the road and many people die. Why do we point this out ? because those who are dead cannot point out how their lives were cut short because someone else was fooling around with a 'safe' device.

Neiya,

The only one here, as far as I can tell, who has referred to you as an Idiot is YOU.

But if it makes you feel any better, I agree with you. You are an idiot. One without enough sense to listen to what is being said.

As you have admitted you know very little (nothing?) about electronics stuff, you cannot know what is involved in doing what you suggest in a professional and safe manner.

It could be described, with detailed schematics, software and instructions, but it would be a great deal of work and would still require a fair deal of experience to assemble safely. Its the sort of task you pay a professional engineer to do for you, dream on if you want this sort of help for free.

Or you spend a few years in college learning about electronics and electrical safety, like I did and as no doubt did most of the experienced guys on this forum, then maybe you could DIY.

Ok, so this must be one of those trolling threads entioned in the thread in Bar Sport. Dude probably looked up the "I want to shock people" thread of a couple months ago, and decided to have some fun with us.

"I am a student in a master degree and I have very good teachers that can help me"

In a masters degree program, the teachers are called professors. He's asking about this because his professors told him not to be an idiot.