how to install an operating system in arduino duemilanove fritzing atmeg1 168

dear sir/madam.
can any one help me how to install an operating system in this following micro-controller arduino duemilanove fritzing atmega168 the operating system like freertos(or),ardos(or), dunios ... does any one know how to install any one of above operating system and how to install it? please help me

thanking you advance

What on earth is a:-

arduino duemilanove fritzing atmega168

What is the word fritzing doing in there? It has nothing to do with an arduino.

the operating system like freertos(or),ardos(or), dunios ... does any one know how to install any one of above operating system and how to install it?

Why do you want one?
They are not very suitable for a small micro controller like this.
They are totally unnecessary if you learn how to code correctly.

i am doing a research internship in my university . my incharge want's me to work with an operating system and sorry actually i am using arduino duemilanove franzis atmega 168 microcontroller.

i am using arduino duemilanove franzis atmega 168 microcontroller.

Can you provide a link to such a device I have never seen one.

my incharge want's me to work with an operating system

So some sort of idiot is he?

Grumpy_Mike:

my incharge want's me to work with an operating system

So some sort of idiot is he?

Maybe the real test is to see how long it takes for the OP to say "it isn't necessary/appropriate/possible"

...R

Certainly not on regular arduino, which is like a microwave oven controller. Unless it's made by Microsoft or google, a microwave oven is not capable of running an operating system.

If the OP is testing a web bot code to finish his homework on how people respond to random but seemingly related postings, hope you got enough replies to submit your paper.

HELLO ACTUALLY THIS IS MY TOPIC I WANT TO DO AN INTERNSHIP ON THIS
Task
–Operate Arduino (OS , CAN, Zigbee, Wifi, Display)
–Read/Write CAN
–Connect to other cars (different platforms)
THIS IS CAR TO CAR BASED PROJECT

I AM ATTACHING A FILE OF MY BOARD.I NEED TO TO WORK WITH ON OPERATING SYSTEM

THANKING YOU

ArdOS: The Arduino Operating System. Now for the Arduino IDE!

Edit:
NilRTOS - A Fast Tiny Preemptive RTOS

Article on Arduino Real Time

It's a bit hard to run an OS on ATMEGA168, which has only 1K ram, and all the hardware you want on it, wifi, zigbee etc. Are you allowed to use the MEGA 2560 instead? It has 8KB ram and can be expanded.

BillHo:
ArdOS: The Arduino Operating System. Now for the Arduino IDE!
ArdOS: The Arduino Operating System. Now for the Arduino IDE! - Libraries - Arduino Forum

Edit:
NilRTOS - A Fast Tiny Preemptive RTOS
NilRTOS - A Fast Tiny Preemptive RTOS - Libraries - Arduino Forum

Article on Arduino Real Time

i am already sketch ArdOS libraries its working properly.

my question is how to installed ArdOS on atmega168 microcontroller ? actually i am adding libraries to ide not installing am i write . i am beginner learning microcontroller programming can u please help me

thanking you in advacnce

liudr:
It’s a bit hard to run an OS on ATMEGA168, which has only 1K ram, and all the hardware you want on it, wifi, zigbee etc. Are you allowed to use the MEGA 2560 instead? It has 8KB ram and can be expanded.

thanking you for you replay but they provide me atmega168 only for me . how can i go further

thanking you

vinod123:
Task
–Operate Arduino (OS , CAN, Zigbee, Wifi, Display)
–Read/Write CAN
–Connect to other cars (different platforms)

These tasks should be no problem for your Arduino board - no operating system would be required.

Can you explain what role you envisage for the operating system?

...R

The title of this thread says “fritzing” the title on your box says “Franzise”

This is what Fritzing is:-
http://fritzing.org/home/

It is vitally important to use words correctly. This is why I said there was no such thing as a “arduino duemilanove fritzing atmeg1 168” - because there isn’t.

So it is a clone not a real Arduino and you expect the Arduino forum to help you.

but they provide me atmega168 only for me .

Look at the resources needed for your operating system and look at the resources a 168 chip has. What are you supposed to do if they don’t match.

i am doing a research internship in my university

I used to teach at a University, looks like your University is not very good at supervision if you are being asked to do this.

vinod123:
i am already sketch ArdOS libraries its working properly.

my question is how to installed ArdOS on atmega168 microcontroller ? actually i am adding libraries to ide not installing am i write . i am beginner learning microcontroller programming can u please help me

thanking you in advacnce

ArdOS installed as a libraries form but it provide the OS kernel for the RTOS functions like scheduling, semaphores & Queues.

Robin2:
Can you explain what role you envisage for the operating system?

Edit:
Something for you to read
http://ossec.es2.be/Portals/6/Users/082/82/82/Nicolas_Pantano_report.pdf

BillHo:
Something for you to read

Thank you @BillHo. The fact that OSs exist for the Arduino does not mean that they are either necessary or useful.

My question was addressed to the OP and I await his answer with interest.

...R