How to receive audio input from bluetooth speaker

I’m hoping to receive audio input to my arduino uno directly from my bluetooth speaker (jambox jawbone) to process using FFT for an LED strip project. I’ve found these attached images that show two methods of receiving audio input, but I don’t understand how they work.

connect_lineout_yRBb0viVAn.jpg

connect_headphone_output_S3Qb2fyLfW.jpg

Pick up data sheets for the analyzer and attache here.

matledoublev:
I've found these attached images that show two methods of receiving audio input, but I don't understand how they work.

The pictures are probably meaningless. They do indeed show what you say they show, but the only bits that count are the words at the left. While, unsurprisingly, there is no mention of bluetooth speakers, they still have to have outputs for the plugs to plug into. You need to check that yours have outputs, which is unlikely. If they don't, you are faced with some serious and detailed internal work, and I don't think you are up for that.

You may find some bluetooth speakers that do have outputs. I guess, if you do, it will be bluetooth, which puts you back on square one.

I suspect you will be better off ditching the speakers, and getting the the signal you need directly from whatever is currently supplying it to them. before you do that, you need to check that Arduino is able to handle the audio you intend to send it.

Nick_Pyner:
I suspect you will be better off ditching the speakers, and getting the the signal you need directly from whatever is currently supplying it to them. before you do that, you need to check that Arduino is able to handle the audio you intend to send it.

I've decided to use a splitter to feed my speaker and my arduino from my iPhone 6. Now I'm wondering if the voltage peak to peak is for the audio signal from the iphone jack. What is the minimum voltage peak to peak such that I won't need an op-amp? Also, any guidance regarding how to properly set up the audio signal without an oscilloscope would be very much appreciated. I'm currently following this https://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Audio-Input/ instructable, but I don't have an oscilloscope so I'm not sure if my iphone signal will need amplification.