How to stop the code loop and start it again?

Yes. millis is a function that takes no (arguments) so it is called like

someVariable = millis();

and returns a value you can use directly, as you saw in @LarryD's code, or to assign to a variable for further use as I wrote just now.

a7

1 Like

I've not heard of Breadboard, I will look to see what you talking about.

If it is an Arduino simulator, Imma guess it is not as good as

which I could be accused of relentlessly promoting. :expressionless:

Check it out. Free, no need to make an account or anything.

a7

1 Like

Thank you, I though to, but still wanted to ask:)

Suggest you look at this thread.

Some of the items will not apply to what you want, others should help you a lot.

1 Like

This is a breadboard, I use it to check my circuits and codes before start to sew my projects
2395961-40.jpg

Thank you, will check it.

I thought they were saying to try the circuit on a solderless breadboard :thinking: .

1 Like

Thank you for this link! I think it will come handy for my future projects. Until now I only use sewn sensors, like these: HOW TO GET WHAT YOU WANT but without writing code for LilyPad.

Thats right:) I meant solderless breadboard.

Sry, not responding to @LarryD at all, don't see how to fix that. Anyway:

I tell people to google

arduino  programming

and take 5 to 10 minutes at each of 5 to 10 websites from the hits where you will find dozens of course.

So that's an hour or so…

Some you might reject right away. Some might turn lane slower. All the time you will be learning little bits, and with luck, you'll find a site that matches your learning style and is run by people you can tolerate.

People like Paul Whorter, the iced tea guy. Since I know much of what he is laying down I find him to be excruciatingly slow, but that's me.

I like the breezy young lady who really makes everything fun. Can't seem to find her just now, but she too seem to have a fan base.

HTH

a7

1 Like

LOL. It was the capital 'B' that made me think there was a new player in town.

So def look into the wokwi simulator. It is a time and money saver for sure.

a7

Thanks, sure everyone prefers someone :smiley: This forum saved me many times. But I think now is the time to study first, and then ask questions. Thank you again for all your help.

Haha by bad for using capital letter :sweat_smile: Sorry

It's my opinion that every new person here should read chapter 1 of this book. It covers basic electronics everyone needs to know.

I can't comment on the coding aspect. It wasn't available to me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.