i am new to arduino help controlling motors

hi every body out there iam new to arduino and need your valuable suggestions in regarding on ow to powwer and controll motors using arduino if u have a idea please reply !!!!!!!!!!!! :-? :-? :-?

hi every body out there iam new to arduino and need your valuable suggestions in regarding on ow to powwer and controll motors using arduino if u have a idea please reply !!!!!!!!!!!!

Do a board search for "motor" and start reading the results.

Be sure not to connect any motor until you know about "the diode"....

http://www.arunet.co.uk/tkboyd/ec/ec1relay.htm

(That page talks about connecting a relay.... but near the end you'll find that it also applies to motors.)

You also need to find the stuff that will tell you that a motor needs too much current to drive it directly from an Arduino (except maybe one or two SMALL radio control servo units), and what to do about that. (Transistor or opto-isolator "switch" to control a separate power supply)

thanks i would like to know more please tag some more url's about diodes and operating an motor using arduino

thanks richard and i also encourage you to keep helping people like me :)

It's a bit of a shame that (on my PC/Browser at least, the little-used IE8) the Grumpy Mike pages linked to earlier are pretty much useless due to the images sitting right over the text... :(

Edit - just seen the "Made on a Mac" bit on the bottom; that explains everything ::)

Ah yes searching is a valuable thing. There is also some nice example code included with arduino. Check it out. If you are new to programming or arduino or both, then start simple, blinky light. Then move over to the motor control.

that explains everything

Yeah - its called using a standards compliant browser, of which IE7/8 only pretend to be...

;D

I’ve got IE7 and the pages display without issue. Tried IE8 and had to go back to IE7.

ignore me