I can't upload a code to Arduino Pro Mini

Hi ! About six months ago, I bought an Arduino Pro Mini along with a PL2302 adapter. Yesterday I solder the pins and I tried to connect the board with the adapter. It powered on, but I couldn't upload any code from examples. I study and find out that the PL2302 adapter is out of date and there are no drivers for newer editions of windows. I tried to upload the code Blink from Windows 7, 8.1, 10(Virtual Box + Normal system) and Kali Linux(Virutal Box), but none of them worked. On windows 8.1 I tried to install the drivers from 2008, but it didn't worked either. I tried to upload Blink and Fade with and Arduino Uno Rev 3, connecting it to the pro mini, but no result. The error depends, but one of them is COM3, access denied. The problem is that I upload with succes codes to Arduino Uno Rev 3 today.

Another problem is with Digispark 16,5 normal with Attiny85. The first time I uploaded the Blink example and it worked, but now I can't upload codes to the board.

Side note, yesterday I also installed the Arduino IDE 2.0. Before installing I could upload Blink to Attiny85, but to Arduino Pro Mini never.

Thanks for help and have a good day !

Did you do a full restart after installing the PL2302 driver? The proific install software does not force a restart, but in my experience, it is required!

Yeah, I forgot about that... But the problem with the Pro Mini was before the installing too. Also i will restart my laptop now

And I am trying to program the Pro Mini for like 10 hours and it is not working

By the way, the restart is for the Arduino Pro Mini , Digispark 16,5 or both of them ? Because how I told you, the Pro Mini didn't work neither yesterday, when I hadn't istalled the 2008 driver

Does your adapter have a DTR or RTS line broken out?

1. If yes, is it connected to the ProMini's reset pin?
  2. If no, you need to manually reset the ProMini at exactly the right time.

No, it hasn't and I tried to reset at that moment. To keep the reset button push , to press it when I upload the algorithm, to press it at final. But none of them worked

The adapter has just 5 pins : 3.3V, 5.0V, TXD, RXD, GND

Or I don't know how to press it, or it doesn't work

The timing of the release of the reset button is critical so you have to release it at exactly the right moment which can be extremely tricky; I have never tried as I did not have a need for it.

Either buy a proper adapter like the SparkFun ones (Adafruit possibly also has them) or get a Pololu USB AVR Programmer v2.1 (I use the V2, not the V2.1).

The beauty of the Pololu is that it can act as an ICSP programmer, do normal upload via Rx/Tx and it is universal when it comes to 3.3V and 5V versions of e.g. the ProMini.

Thanks, I will buy and adapter. But I have a question. When uploading the code to Pro Mini by Uno I need to press it too ? Because I didn't find that specified like when uploading with the adapter

Sorry, I got a bit carried away.

If you have an Uno, you can use it as a programmer using ICSP and upload the sketch that way. https://docs.arduino.cc/built-in-examples/arduino-isp/ArduinoISP should give a good description, just modify the wiring to match the ProMini; be careful if your ProMini is a 3.3V version.

You can still use your PL2302 later for serial communication.

Thanks, I understand why it isn't working. The best thing to do is to buy an adapter with 6 pins and don't don't buy the PL2302 because it's outdated

The PL2302 can still fulfill a role, just not for uploads.

Yes, it's true but you can use it just for powering but if you can't code with him is pretty useless

If you build something permanent that requires serial communication with e.g. a PC, you can use it in there.

It's me, again...I bought that adapter and it's not working. I installed the adapters and it's recognized but I can't upload the Blynk code. Side note : I don't have that jumper, I don't use nothing but the Arduino is working.

What is the status of your other boards? Can you upload simple sketches to them?

Is your ProMini blinking as it should with the blink example that is usually preloaded (one second on, one second off)?

Show a diagram how you connected it all.
Show a photo how it is all wired.

There is a chance that the bootloader was not programmed in the ProMini. You can try to burn the bootloader with the Uno.

I can upload to other boards and no, it's not blinking

I wired them like in the tutorial from Drone Bot Workshop that I sent you