i need a little help please

ok so i was editing some existing code for my little project it not some big thing its just a little play around i just got my arduino uno and i am doing great with it but i think i can do better but i am going to need some help so i have some leds on the bread board and i have a song programmed in it but i cant figure out how to get it to have three leds dancing to the music here’s what ive got so far

on the file

music_15.ino (22.6 KB)

You took that code from the internet, and added something at avr chip level. That is not easy to understand.

Your code is from this ? https://github.com/darwingrosse/ArdCore-Code/blob/master/Snazzy_FX/library%20part%202%20ALL/EXPERIMENTAL%20AUDIO/chiptune.pde Do you know if that is working ?

The 'volumed' and 'vol' variables are the volume. You could use those for the leds. But don't ask me how. I have been looking at the code, and I don't understand it very well.

Point 6 here http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html (And the following points) is what you need.

I have done a little rewiring and I can't get it to play another set of LEDs to dance along

One way to do it: http://fftarduino.blogspot.com/2011/02/color-organ-spectrum-analyzer-on.html

You can trim the concept to work with 3 LEDs

Ray

I am a newbie at this I just got it for Christmas and I got most of the wiring down and I am just 14 I don’t know really how to do much programming so please can you give it to me in English not to be mean or anything

Okay, you are a newbie. Let's start again.

If you have a question, we would like to know how you got that code. The code you have is not well documented and hard to understand, even for advanced Arduino users. Making the Arduino to produce that kind of sounds at 8kHz rate pushes it to its limits. It is better to start with a blinking led, and try the other examples that are included.

Your best option is to use working examples.

My advice is to use two Arduino boards. One for the sound and one for the leds. There are a number examples for both.

I got this code from a instuctables site and i found that he had left places for two sets of LEDs to dance to the music on accedent so I took advantage of that accident

And on Christmas Day I was able to complete all of the assignments in one day

I got this code from a instuctables site and i found

Even for a newbie, it is completely unacceptable not to provide the original link to the article. There are lots of dedicated members trying to assist both seasoned and newbies with issues and problems. That you would make something more difficult by not including all of the information is simply rude.

Please, in the future, do try and help us help you.

And on Christmas Day I was able to complete all of the assignments in one day

So, does this mean that you were successful? If so, the forum is full of newbies that may want to play with your modification... provided you post it. Also, a short write-up of what you accomplished and any issues would be nice too.

Forums are a two-way street. You may ask for assistance but are expected to give-back when a solution is found. Like most things in life, "asking for" and "receiving' are never guaranteed but your credibility as a good member will definitely help others make an effort on your behalf.

IF this is solved, please edit the title and marked the thread "[Solved] ... "

Thanks,

Ray

Sorry about that I have made a knock detector for my door and I was able to make it look like it was running 3 sets of LEDs and there weren't really any problems with that coding

I have made a knock detector for my door and I was able to make it look like it was running 3 sets of LEDs and there weren't really any problems with that coding

Fantastic :D It is a good feeling to get your first project up 'n running. A New Year's Wish: May all your projects work first time!

Ray

Thanks same for your projects