I2C on multiple totally different shields?

Hello,

I have an Uno, I was wondering if I stack several shields of different types will I2C work with them all. Using a motor driver shield, and sound shield, a LED driver shield, and a datalogging shield.

Thanks, Stephen

I have an Uno, I was wondering if I stack several shields of different types will I2C work with them all. Using a motor driver shield, and sound shield, a LED driver shield, and a datalogging shield.

Yes, I2C will work, as long as none of the shields uses the SDA and/or SCL pins for some other purpose.

However, I've never heard of a motor driver shield using I2C. I suspect that the shields you listed actually use SPI.

The Adafruit Shield says it uses I2C:

https://www.adafruit.com/products/1438

" Instead of using a latch and the Arduino's PWM pins, we have a fully-dedicated PWM driver chip onboard. This chip handles all the motor and speed controls over I2C. Only two pins (SDA & SCL) are required to drive the multiple motors, and since it's I2C you can also connect any other I2C devices or shields to the same pins. This also makes it drop-in compatible with any Arduino, such as the Uno, Due, Leonardo and Mega R3. "