I2Cdev.h and other libraries not being found

Hello there. Im using this video: How to control servo using MPU6050 Gyroscope with Arduino - YouTube

to control a servo with the MPU6050.

I donwloaded this library: GitHub - jrowberg/i2cdevlib: I2C device library collection for AVR/Arduino or other C++-based MCUs

However, when I try to add to Arduino and the compile...this message comes up: Specified folder/zip file does not contain a valid library. (Do i need to unzip and and take out the individual libraries? If so, how?)

Can you please help me fix this. I would appreciate is sooooo much! Thanks!

The problem is the structure of that repository does not allow you to use the Sketch > Include Libraries > Add .ZIP Library feature to install the library via the .zip file. That only works when the library is in the root of the repository, not in a subfolder.

You can install it by following these instructions:

1. Download the i2cdevlib project: https://github.com/jrowberg/i2cdevlib/archive/master.zip
  2. Unzip the downloaded file.
  3. Select Sketch > Include Libraries > Add .ZIP Library from the Arduino IDE's menus.
  4. Select the "Arduino/I2Cdev" subfolder of the unzipped folder.
  5. Click the Open button.

It's not obvious from the menu name "Add .ZIP Library", but that feature works to install libraries from folders in addition to .zip files.

Hello. Im trying to control a Servo with a MPU-6050 (Acclemeroter and Gyroscope).

However, there are no projects or links that have worked for me. The libraries cant be found, and I suspect the code is wrong.

Can someone please post a link or project that involves MPU-6050 Servo Contol!

Thanks so much! :slight_smile:

The libraries cant be found,

By you or by the compiler?
If the latter have you downloaded them?

Duplicate post

@arduino12456789

TOPIC MERGED.

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum.

I didn't post this post on here. I don't know how that comment ended up on this stream.